Got my new Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my new Headers

Finally got the new Dynatechs today. After looking at them I'm a little confused as to how the collector seals off when attaching the mid pipe and cats. THey have a metal gasket around the bottom of the flange but not sure how the collector would attach. I'm making my own cat pipe and mid pipe. Anyone have pictures of how the Dynatech mid pipe attaches to the header collector? Does it just pull up against the metal gasket? It's tapered so I guess it could seal up tight? Never seen a gasket/seal like this.

I can't get good enough pics from their website. It shows them already connected.

Will take pics later if needed......

Old 09-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by derrick929
Finally got the new Dynatechs today. After looking at them I'm a little confused as to how the collector seals off when attaching the mid pipe and cats. THey have a metal gasket around the bottom of the flange but not sure how the collector would attach. I'm making my own cat pipe and mid pipe. Anyone have pictures of how the Dynatech mid pipe attaches to the header collector? Does it just pull up against the metal gasket? It's tapered so I guess it could seal up tight? Never seen a gasket/seal like this.

I can't get good enough pics from their website. It shows them already connected.

Ask Built54 he has those headers and swears by them..

Old 09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by derrick929

Yeah, the flange has a little taper on it, but when you connect the mid pipe, there's a doughnut gasket that comes that seals between the two(I got the kit with the mid pipe, so you may not need the gasket for your application). It has a little taper as well and about a 1/4 inch thick and about 1" wide if I remember right.

Yes, the gasket will seal it(put the more tapered side towards the cats), I'm not sure how standard the flanges are for other cats, but when you tighten the bolts they should seal properly.

Last edited by hmsa42; 09-27-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:27 PM
pics when available, please? I'd love to see more how they fit here and there pics.

Quick Reply: Got my new Headers