CAI for 07 4.2L

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007 | 03:59 PM
|
CAI for 07 4.2L

Hey All!

This is my 2nd F150 (Previous 04 FX 4 Screw) now I am the proud owner of an 07 XL (Reg Cab) with the 4.2L. The only option I have on this truck is A/C!

I have done a few searches here for CAI on the 4.2 but no luck. Suggestions are nice but without the "Use Search Stupid" comments are nicer.

Thanks
SixGunOutlaw
SASS #42532

The answer I am getting round the Tech circles is that any intake that will fit the 4.6 will also fit the 4.2 as they are practically the same setup. Comments?

Last edited by SixGunOutlaw; 09-27-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2007 | 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by SixGunOutlaw
Hey All!

This is my 2nd F150 (Previous 04 FX 4 Screw) now I am the proud owner of an 07 XL (Reg Cab) with the 4.2L. The only option I have on this truck is A/C!

I have done a few searches here for CAI on the 4.2 but no luck. Suggestions are nice but without the "Use Search Stupid" comments are nicer.

Thanks
SixGunOutlaw
SASS #42532

The answer I am getting round the Tech circles is that any intake that will fit the 4.6 will also fit the 4.2 as they are practically the same setup. Comments?
Hi.

Search is still what I'd recommend.

In the time it took you to post this, I did --> https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=302706

And no - it does not always follow that a 4.6L intake will be appropriate for a 4.2 - it's always best to check with the manufacturer. Every one of them has a web site, and each has a 'Contact Us' link.

Ford has been known to change designs from year to year - keep that in mind.

Okay?

Old 09-28-2007 | 11:13 AM
|
Cool

My thanks for your reply. I will endeavor to utilize the search function to it's fullest ability given it's level of AI scripting language. I bow to those that have mastered the search function on these type of message boards.

Based upon the last month's browsing and reading through the many excellent post's and information available through this site, I was a bit more optimistic in a response, but a point has been proven.

"Knowledge is like a Jewel and should be grasped wherever it Lays!" - Conan The Barbarian.

I am looking at the AF1 CAI and the Flex-a-Lite 270 Kit to ease the burden on my 4.2L.

p.s. With the exception of very few microbrews, the Germans have mastered the art of Brewing.

Old 09-28-2007 | 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by SixGunOutlaw
My thanks for your reply. I will endeavor to utilize the search function to it's fullest ability given it's level of AI scripting language. I bow to those that have mastered the search function on these type of message boards.

Based upon the last month's browsing and reading through the many excellent post's and information available through this site, I was a bit more optimistic in a response, but a point has been proven.

"Knowledge is like a Jewel and should be grasped wherever it Lays!" - Conan The Barbarian.

I am looking at the AF1 CAI and the Flex-a-Lite 270 Kit to ease the burden on my 4.2L.

p.s. With the exception of very few microbrews, the Germans have mastered the art of Brewing.
LMAO!

Ok - your turn to enlighten me... which model AF1 for the '07 4.2L V6, specifically?

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:39 PM
|
I sent off a telegraph to Troyer to see if the 16408 model will do the job. No response yet.

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:20 PM
hey man i have the 4.2L with only a/c as well
I know for sure that K&N makes a CAI for the 4.2L.
also try www.v6f160.com they have lots of info for us v6 guys.

Quick Reply: CAI for 07 4.2L