Which Headers for a 02' F-150 5.4L 4x4???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007 | 05:08 PM
|
Which Headers for a 02' F-150 5.4L 4x4???

I've got a 2002 F-150 XLT Supercab 4x4. It's pretty much stock except for a Bassani Cat-Back exaust I put on a year ago. I'm looking into getting a pair of headers next, but the only ones Bassani seems to have are for 4x2 trucks. Any idea if they'll work on a 4x4???

If not, what would you suggest for a good, LEGAL set of headers???

Old 10-08-2007 | 05:32 PM
I would and eventually will run Dynatech's long tube with the mid pipe and hi-flow cats that will bolt up to you're existing cat back. I'm hoping it does anyways. I thaught about some JBA's short headers and everyone says nothing ganed by them, long tubes will give gains in hp's and sound. About 1400 bucks gets you hooked up with Dynatech's.

Old 10-08-2007 | 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by ftlbs
I've got a 2002 F-150 XLT Supercab 4x4. It's pretty much stock except for a Bassani Cat-Back exaust I put on a year ago. I'm looking into getting a pair of headers next, but the only ones Bassani seems to have are for 4x2 trucks. Any idea if they'll work on a 4x4???

If not, what would you suggest for a good, LEGAL set of headers???
Im planning on going w/ BBK for my 02 5.4l screw 4x4, with the optional ceramic coating.They are 50 state legal. i have heard of a kit that is a full length design but i think those are for the lightning and the harley trucks. hope this helps!!!

Old 10-08-2007 | 05:38 PM
|
i just checked with bassani, they say their headers definatly will NOT fit on a 4x4. So i will have to look somewhere else for sure. Any more ideas??

Old 10-08-2007 | 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by ftlbs
i just checked with bassani, they say their headers definatly will NOT fit on a 4x4. So i will have to look somewhere else for sure. Any more ideas??

No reason for that to happen unless they routed the front port tubings wildly. My truck is a 4x4 and I got the Ford Racing headers with Jet Coat finish. Love em, but installing headers is best left to pros or you if you know how to pull your own engine out.

Old 10-10-2007 | 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by INFireRedF150
No reason for that to happen unless they routed the front port tubings wildly. My truck is a 4x4 and I got the Ford Racing headers with Jet Coat finish. Love em, but installing headers is best left to pros or you if you know how to pull your own engine out.

I need to do header gaskets on my stock manifolds, they are rusted to no end. I have the 5.4 and its a 4x4...would stock L fit? what do you recomend? I am not looking to go fast, I just want to stop the leak

Old 10-10-2007 | 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by breoland
I need to do header gaskets on my stock manifolds, they are rusted to no end. I have the 5.4 and its a 4x4...would stock L fit? what do you recomend? I am not looking to go fast, I just want to stop the leak

I dont know for sure if my aftermarket headers would fit on a L, so I dont know if an L header set would fit our N/A trucks. Seems like it would since both trucks have the 5.4L, but I dont know about the catalytic converters.

Here is the link to my headers if you want to see a pic of them: headers

Old 10-11-2007 | 02:37 PM
The best I can understand, 2WD headers will fit on 2WD but you need 4WD parts for the midpipe. Shortys for 2WD should fit any 2WD truck including Lightnings and would probably even fit on 4WD models as well. You can buy a set of longtube OBX headers off ebay for $500 but they do not have cats only resonators. If you need cats for emissions testing then you could buy a pair of highflow cats from magnaflow for about $200 I think. I will probably wind up buying a set of the OBX longtubes for my truck and buy the cats later. There is one set of shortys for sale in the classifieds and I'm sure there are a few people on here that would be willing to part with the ones that they have sitting in their garage. If you are going to go with shortys for now then I would definitely buy a used set of stainless. Just my two cents.

Old 10-14-2007 | 11:24 PM
When I get set to do headers it will most likely be longtubes OBX and converters to weld in from Pypes...

http://rpmoutlet.com/powercat.htm

Quick Reply: Which Headers for a 02' F-150 5.4L 4x4???