Is Roush made by Borla?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007 | 11:17 AM
|
Is Roush made by Borla?

I read somewhere the Roush exhaust is basically the same as Borla? Does anyone know if this is true? Does anyone have feedback on either? Thanks.

Old 10-09-2007 | 12:36 PM
Suspended
I believe so.

Old 10-09-2007 | 02:15 PM
Yes it is true. The Roush exhaust is by far the best bang for the buck out there for our trucks.

All T-304 stainless (not the junk 409 stuff Magnaflow uses that surface rusts) and it sounds great.

Old 10-09-2007 | 09:10 PM
|
Thanks guys - both your trucks look sick!

Ameration, do you think you could run your tire/wheel combo with a 2" level instead of the 2.5"? Also, how loud and/or aggresive sounding is the Roush compared to factory exhaust? Thanks again...

Old 10-10-2007 | 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Shrkbait
Thanks guys - both your trucks look sick!

Ameration, do you think you could run your tire/wheel combo with a 2" level instead of the 2.5"? Also, how loud and/or aggresive sounding is the Roush compared to factory exhaust? Thanks again...
I've got a Borla SI/SO on my '05 4.6 screw.. It sounded MUCH better than stock when I first put it on, tho I was thinking it was still a little too tame.. At around 1200 miles or so on the thing it started sounding much much better..

I freakin' love how it sounds now.. it's a deep rumble at start up and a very nice growl once warmed up.

Old 10-10-2007 | 09:30 AM
Get some sound clips for us!!!

- NCSU

Old 10-12-2007 | 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Get some sound clips for us!!!

- NCSU
yeah, what he said!

Old 10-15-2007 | 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by ameration
Yes it is true. The Roush exhaust is by far the best bang for the buck out there for our trucks.

All T-304 stainless (not the junk 409 stuff Magnaflow uses that surface rusts) and it sounds great.
Why is that you think our exhausts are junk. 409 is an exhaust grade of stainless. 304 Stainless is very brittle when it becomes Hot and then Cold. I get alot of people calling me saying that the hangers have broken off of there 304 Kits. And that they are tired of re-adjusting there tips. Which usually due to the the flexing of the pipes

409 is a titanium stabilised ferritic stainless steel. Although regarded as a general-purpose chromium stainless steel the primary application for Grade 409 is automotive exhaust systems.

Old 10-15-2007 | 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by MagnaFlowRep
Why is that you think our exhausts are junk. 409 is an exhaust grade of stainless. 304 Stainless is very brittle when it becomes Hot and then Cold. I get alot of people calling me saying that the hangers have broken off of there 304 Kits. And that they are tired of re-adjusting there tips. Which usually due to the the flexing of the pipes

409 is a titanium stabilised ferritic stainless steel. Although regarded as a general-purpose chromium stainless steel the primary application for Grade 409 is automotive exhaust systems.
Really?

So Magnaflow doesn't use 304 in any aspect of its exhaust applications?

Old 10-15-2007 | 05:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Really?

So Magnaflow doesn't use 304 in any aspect of its exhaust applications?

The only place we use 304 is on the tips. Thats it. So as to you guys posting in here that 409 is bad should read this post. HEres the link

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=304867

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:02 PM
The only place we use 304 is on the tips. Thats it. So as to you guys posting in here that 409 is bad should read this post. HEres the link

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=304867
Why is the 304 good enough for the tips but inferior for the rest of the exhaust as far as Magnaflow is concerend?

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:26 PM
Why is the 304 good enough for the tips but inferior for the rest of the exhaust as far as Magnaflow is concerend?
The tips are free to expand and contract without creating tension/pressure to cause cracking (since it on the end). The polished 304 also has a better looking finish.

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by jgonza5
The tips are free to expand and contract without creating tension/pressure to cause cracking (since it on the end). The polished 304 also has a better looking finish.
Makes sense.

Thanks.

What other manufacturer uses the 409?

Old 10-16-2007 | 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor
Makes sense.

Thanks.

What other manufacturer uses the 409?
Why are you so (DOWN)on Magnaflow?

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:43 PM
Why are you so (DOWN)on Magnaflow?
I'm not "down" on Magnaflow. It was a simple question.... can you not address it?

If you've read my prior opinions here on these boards on Magnaflow, you'll know that I think they're a fine exhaust. I've used them twice on previous vehicles with much success.

I've never put down Magnaflow's quality as an exhaust system as far as fit-n-finish is concerned. I challenge you to find where I have. Anyway...

I had a GTO prior to this truck and Magnaflow was one of the exhausts I tried for a brief moment, among one-half dozen others. The install was a breeze, looked like a million $$$ and the overall quality of fit, fabrication and finish was second to none. I just didn't care for the "tone" of it so I pulled the plug and got rid of it after about three weeks of use. However, in saying that, I'd heard of several other GTO's who were running the same exhaust that sounded a lot better than mine did. I narrowed it down to the amount of engine/performance modifications on differing vehicles.

Herein lies my issue with Magnaflow, as far as these late model F150's are concerned. I think they sound very ordinary on these trucks. I've listen [in person] to four F150's with the Magnaflow catback system - these trucks varied from mildly modified to moderately/highly modified - and throughout the power range, the Maggie sounded below-average to down right horrible.

But of course, as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks.... opinions are like elbows... one man's sheetpile is another man's home... yada, yada, yada.

They're just no my cup-o-tea.

However, given your position, I fully understand your particular tendency and inclination towards Magnaflow.

Quick Reply: Is Roush made by Borla?