AF1 3" vs 3.5"

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexEdition
Hey Jeremy, I've taken my truck back to the dealer since having the AF1, and I just put the stock intake back on. Takes what, 30 minutes?

I have Troyers tunes now and will be heading in to the dealer in a couple weeks, I'll put the stock intake back on, return to stock tune, get back home and put the AF1 back on and reload the 93 perf tune.. no biggie..

It also gives me the opportunity to clean and re-oil the AF1 filter and let it dry for a day or so.

Tex, I hear ya but really that's a pain in the *** to me. I keep my truck stuff over in a storage unit so it's out of the way so I'd have to dig that **** out to do so.

Had I gotten a 3" intake instead of the 3.5 I wouldn't have to worry about this issue but I didn't think about that before hand. Since you have the 3 you shouldn't have to take yours off? You can just put it back to stock and you're good to go. Then it wouldn't matter if they reflashed your PCM or not because you can just upload your tunes.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
Then it wouldn't matter if they reflashed your PCM or not because you can just upload your tunes.
If they being the stealer re flash you PCM then your tunes would be useless. As the tunes are not written for the new flash.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 PM
The way I understand it, if you have the 3" you just reload your stock flash and take it to the dealer for service without removing the 3" AF1. Afterwards, you just reload your tune and that's it. If you have the 3.5", then you have to install the stock air intake and reload your stock flash.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by ramnj
The way I understand it, if you have the 3" you just reload your stock flash and take it to the dealer for service without removing the 3" AF1. Afterwards, you just reload your tune and that's it. If you have the 3.5", then you have to install the stock air intake and reload your stock flash.
You understand it perfectly.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Y'all are right, I just like feeling like I turned some bolts, did something.. LOL

Hey, there aint much to actually work on with my truck, it's never had a problem so I just take the AF1 off to have something to do when I'm half drunk and headin' to the dealer in a couple days.. Plus I can write up on here how much it sucks to go back to stock tunes and intake.. LOL

Quick Reply: AF1 3" vs 3.5"