Another Roush Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Roush Exhaust Thread

After reading through all of the threads on the Roush exhaust system, I am almost sold on this kit for my 2007 Screw 4x4. My question at this time is if this kit is available for my truck with the 6.5 foot bed?
Thanks!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Both the Woodhouse store and the Roush site list it as fitting the scab 6.5 and the screw 5.5 foot beds. I think you're out of luck, unless you get it, then have a local shop add a little extension to it to make it fit yours.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I noticed that as well so I thought I would check to see if anyone here had the kit on their truck with the 6.5ft bed.
I have emailed Mike at Woodhouse as well to see what he says.
Thanks!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think it fits the screw with the long bed but as mentioned above, should be a cheap and easy add-on for a muffler shop.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
I heard back from Mike and he has indicated that the system will indeed work with the 6.5ft bed. It will cost a little bit extra and I assume that is due to the fact that some additional tubing would be included.
Just wanted to pass along this little tidbit of info in case anyone else was wondering.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Borla (Roush) makes really cool extensions for adjustability. Basically one pipe slides into another, then you band clamp it when it is properly adjusted. Atleast thats how my Mach 1 kit worked. So they will probably just include longer extensions.

If Roush is using this same type system, you may think about putting some lock tight on the band clamp screws or have the system welded after final adjustment. On the Mach 1 forum, a few people reported the screws loosening over time. FYI, my screws never loosened with nothing done. Had the system for about 1 year before I sold it for my 07 F150.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by marcus1033
Borla (Roush) makes really cool extensions for adjustability. Basically one pipe slides into another, then you band clamp it when it is properly adjusted. Atleast thats how my Mach 1 kit worked. So they will probably just include longer extensions.

If Roush is using this same type system, you may think about putting some lock tight on the band clamp screws or have the system welded after final adjustment. On the Mach 1 forum, a few people reported the screws loosening over time. FYI, my screws never loosened with nothing done. Had the system for about 1 year before I sold it for my 07 F150.
Great advice - Thanks!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by miseroth
After reading through all of the threads on the Roush exhaust system, I am almost sold on this kit for my 2007 Screw 4x4. My question at this time is if this kit is available for my truck with the 6.5 foot bed?
Thanks!
It DOES fit the 6-1/2 foot bed. I had problems with the Maggie, so I returned it and went with the Roush Off Road on my last 2007 F-150 Supercrew 6-1/2 foot bed. See my gallery if you have doubts. It went on great. Looked great. Sounded even better.

Ford evidently makes adjustments in their factory exhaust such that the supercab and Supercrew both have the end of their pipes (where the Roush ties on) in the exact same location from the rear of the truck. The Roush kit fit right up without cutting any pipes. Go for it. See the other Roush Off Road posts. I have posted this kit WILL FIT the 6-1/2 Foot bed many many times.

Here's what the kit looks like...

Oh, and the rear exit photos in my gallery are of the Magnaflow 16614, not the Roush Off Road.

Last edited by Smokewagun; 12-11-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I heard back from Mike and he has indicated that the system will indeed work with the 6.5ft bed. It will cost a little bit extra and I assume that is due to the fact that some additional tubing would be included.
Just wanted to pass along this little tidbit of info in case anyone else was wondering.
I think someone is tweaking your pickle. My system directions said it fit the Supercab AND both bed length Supercrews.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
I think someone is tweaking your pickle. My system directions said it fit the Supercab AND both bed length Supercrews.
I could be wrong in my assumption about the cost. I see that the system costs $430 on the website and the grand total that I was given was delievered to my door. I am not sure how much shipping/handling would be on this, but that very well may be what I was assuming was "extra".
Definitely worth a follow up question to make sure.
Thanks!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I could be wrong in my assumption about the cost. I see that the system costs $430 on the website and the grand total that I was given was delievered to my door. I am not sure how much shipping/handling would be on this, but that very well may be what I was assuming was "extra".
Definitely worth a follow up question to make sure.
Thanks!
I'm not sure if it's changed from last year, but I had a little shipping "issue" as stated in the following thread. You may want to check into it.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255114

Old 12-12-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
They now will not change the online shipping price without buyer approval. That's what they did for me.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
I got confirmation from Mike that there is no additional charge for the system to fit my Screw with the 6.5ft bed. The only additional $$ over and above the $430 list price was for shipping/handling.
Am I correct to recall that this kit is a direct bolt on and there is no welding involved?
Thanks again!!

Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I got confirmation from Mike that there is no additional charge for the system to fit my Screw with the 6.5ft bed. The only additional $$ over and above the $430 list price was for shipping/handling.
Am I correct to recall that this kit is a direct bolt on and there is no welding involved?
Thanks again!!

Yep, totally bolt on.

Quick Reply: Another Roush Exhaust Thread