Is this setup LEGAL in CA? Need input from Maganaflow rep and everyone else!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by |SoCal|Screw
Anyways as you can see I live in CA...aka the communist state. I currently have a Maggie cat back with it the maggie cut off and a flowmaster in place. Don't really like it and I think I have a plugged cat and a pipe is leaking cause I get a hissing noise. Anyways see if this setup is legal and will pass emissions in CA.

LT headers, with 2 Maganaflow high flow cats and 2 of the loudest Magnaflow mufflers available..don't know which is the loudest so I need imput on that as well. But let me know if this would work thanks. Also I would get both mufflers dumped as well. Should I get SI/DO mufflers or just leave it as SI/SO? I'm currently running SI/SO 3" system.

Love the picture by the way but, do you still have the maggie, which one is it and do you want to sell it? If you are going with your picture, I would go with a SI/SO setup and put in a X-pipe in the middle between the cats and the mufflers, this would give you a true duel exhaust setup. The X-pipe will give you better torque in the low end and a nice tone. Right out of the mufflers, dump it (I take it from your description that you want it loud!) As for CARB legal...I can't answer that, but I can tell you that if everything has a CARB ID #, then yes it should be legal.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing beats Ca girls..........................

Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by clar
Nothing beats Ca girls..........................
ha. you obviously haven't been to Texas. we have to same girls, they just arent made of plastic

Old 12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by MmmBuckles
ha. you obviously haven't been to Texas. we have to same girls, they just arent made of plastic
just blubber

Old 12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
just blubber
hahaha

Old 12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Even under fed regs- it is illegal to remove the OEM cats during their warranty period!

Old 12-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beechkid
Even under fed regs- it is illegal to remove the OEM cats during their warranty period!
Unless they are clogged and/or defective as in his case. Then they are useless for controlling the emissions coming from the truck, and need to be replaced. True that it may be required that they are replaced with identical OEM cats, but any way you look at it, they need to be replaced.

Originally Posted by MmmBuckles
I've lived in Hunting Beach, California...Phoenix, Arizona... and Round Rock/Austin, Texas... Texas has NOTHING on California when it comes to women! California wins this one hands down! ....sorry to burst your bubble there...

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
just blubber
HAHAHA!!!!!! That's so true!!!!

Last edited by PhqChevys; 12-11-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by PhqChevys
Unless they are clogged and/or defective as in his case. Then they are useless for controlling the emissions coming from the truck, and need to be replaced. True that it may be required that they are replaced with identical OEM cats, but any way you look at it, they need to be replaced.

I've lived in Hunting Beach, California...Phoenix, Arizona... and Round Rock/Austin, Texas... Texas has NOTHING on California when it comes to women! California wins this one hands down! ....sorry to burst your bubble there...

HAHAHA!!!!!! That's so true!!!!
well no wonder you think that. you lived in round rock. down here in cypress. its much better

Quick Reply: Is this setup LEGAL in CA? Need input from Maganaflow rep and everyone else!