Intake best for offroading

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake best for offroading

Whats up guys? Just had a couple of questions, I plan on doing alot of offroading and want an intake that won't suck up alot of water or mud...etc. What intake do you guys suggest for an intake or do i even really need to worry about this issue?

Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 AM
S&b filters. I just put one on a friends and they are bad ***! It does have a drone at about 1800rpm with an edge though

Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 AM
dont get a k and n, i work construction so i work in dirt and mud and dust. it gets filthy very quick and its loud but i havent heard it since the high flow cats got thrown in. its gets to dirty to quick and it is also very open to water as i found out mashin through the woods...also one ended up ruining my dads chevy, it burnt out the Mass air flow sensor and that somehow, according to the mechanic, ended up frying the cats. the oil from the filter was the killer. i guess it got all over that, fried it, and was no help to the throttle body. this happened over about 100k miles tho so its not going to be quick. its an 03 with 140k i put it on at 30k took it off at 130k. he also works construction so he was around dust, dirt, he cleaned it somewhat often. but never went wheeling. i did once and blew the tranny the first time(out of three, it was his first chevy since his impala in the 70s, first chevy truck ever. HATES it)... so good luck, sorry i couldnt tell you what to get, but what not to get is also good help as well

Quick Reply: Intake best for offroading