CAI? really worth it..

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAI? really worth it..

So im thinking about getting a CAI for christmas but then my uncle came along and told me that it would be a waste of money. He said it will just be more for looks than performance because it will just be bringing in the same air that i already am getting in. So i dont know if i want to waste my money on something that doesn't even do much, i want something to boast throtle response and my hps and i thought it may help, but is he right?

Old 12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
there wont be a HUGE difference. but you will notice an increase in throttle response, and a nice rumble on acceleration. If you are looking for some extra power, get a programmer first, then go for the CAI

Old 12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They help a little-especially when mixed with an exhaust-free air in and free air out-breathes easier
And in a sense yes it is drawing in the same air-but alot more-your stock intake has about a 2 in hole to pull in air where CAI has about a 3" tube with an open cone filter(pending on brand you get)-pulls in alot more air-over time they are worth the money-if they were a waste of money then why does just about every performance vehicle have some sort of CAI?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

a CAI really wont help a whole lot untill you get custom tuning. But when you do the tuning, it makes a big difference. get the CAI and a custom tune, then see what your uncle says.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Tell me this thang doesn't draw more air than the stock intake.. lol

I put that on before I got Troyers tunes and it DOES make a difference in the throttle reponse at mid to high rpm. Passing is much improved.

And yeah, the sounds alone are pretty cool..

Quick Reply: CAI? really worth it..