EGR Pipe Hose!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007 | 03:19 AM
|
Hey jbrew, which model long tube pace setter headers did you use??? I didn't get them because I wasn't sure about fitment on the 5.4l 4x4's with the e4od??? I have a 97' expedition, should be the same as your truck?

Old 12-22-2007 | 11:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor
97-03 fit the same even tho pace setter lists 99-03 . 97 and 98's are non PI heads but they do bolt up the same way. I don't know why they don't list them correctly.

I purchased 99-03 4x4 LT's from an eBay store - $268..They will work on your model no problem.

Old 12-24-2007 | 03:51 PM
|
Yeah, what did the Y-pipe run ya?

Old 12-24-2007 | 04:21 PM
DON'T get their Y-pipe - it doesn't fit for one, it doesn't come with O2 bungs and they over expand the pipe . - Complete junk!! I used my stock Y . Thats all you need anyway.

Actually, well, are you adding high flows ? What are you planning ?

Old 12-26-2007 | 01:44 PM
|
yeah, I was wondering because it didn't look too bad in the pics, but then again neither did their shorties until I got them.

Old 12-28-2007 | 03:40 PM
|
No, actually I had the y-pipes already made a long time ago. First I started with just removing the 4 cats and running straight into a Gibson 3" system. Was okay, but honestly I didn't notice a huge difference, other than a little more noise and exh. smell.

Next I put the pacesetter shorty headers on and it made a small increase, maybe even none at all--which is what I believe. Still was disappointed with all the work and time it took to install, and to have it make little or no increase in power.

Next, (unrelated to exh.) I put a powerdyne supercharger on and it made a nice difference in power, but still felt like it was lagging some.

Next, I threw out the pacesetter shorties and installed the BBK's (replicas) and WOW!! This REALLY Increased the power! I can't believe it now, to tell ya' the truth, I wasn't expecting this. The looks and design prevail! Larger runner tubes, collector exiting right near the exh. flange, and a cleaner flowing design internally!

I just wanted to let everyone know that since I barely just got the egr pipe fixed w/ the silicone hose and now driving it.

Not saying that throwing these bbk's on any truck will make a ton of power, but it will make a difference over the pacesetters, or the similar pacesetter designed headers. Essentially it all has to do with the rest of your set-up. All I have to say is WOW!

Old 12-29-2007 | 03:48 AM
That's cool , glad it worked out for yuh. You'll net even more power with Pacesetter LONG TUBES. The shorties on the dyno regardless of make never should much gains. Long tubes regardless of make have always seen gains - about 30 hp. I don't recommend Pacesetters, I would of rather went with Kook's or Dyna Techs because there made quite a bit better and hold up over time.

However, I'm enjoying the HP gains myself and this system complies with environmental emissions standards - running converters (cats).

BTW- Keep an eye on that silicone hose..

Old 03-24-2008 | 12:39 PM
|
I'm just about done with these shorties and the ball-socket collector that just loves to leak!

So Pacesetters aren't too bad for long tube headers?? How well did you get the stock y-pipe to line up???

Old 03-24-2008 | 09:13 PM
The stock Y pipe has to be customized to fit -

Ball Socket calls for - RTV High Heat Silicon w/Copper(Exhaust Grade) and it won't leak.

http://www.rmftc.com/howtos/headers/headers.html

Old 03-25-2008 | 12:56 AM
|
Yes, Ultra Copper silicone is all I ever use! But the socket collector only holds up for so long and then leaks again. I actually am fine normally but once I tow for a long trip it leaks again!

Well I'm going to give the Long tube obx's a shott. We'll see how it goes!

Old 03-25-2008 | 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by turbosean
Yes, Ultra Copper silicone is all I ever use! But the socket collector only holds up for so long and then leaks again. I actually am fine normally but once I tow for a long trip it leaks again!

Well I'm going to give the Long tube obx's a shott. We'll see how it goes!

Yea , something is definitely wrong if it leaks in that spot. That ball socket shouldn't ever leak. Drop pipe on the Y is somewhat positional/adjustable on the socket and shouldn't leak as long as your still on it. Defective headers/manifolds or wrong part is what I'm thinking.

Quick Reply: EGR Pipe Hose!