Side Exit Duals Behind Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007 | 07:21 PM
|
Side Exit Duals Behind Tires?

So, I loved the Roush Off Road on my 2007 F-150, but because I haul a travel trailer, I wouldn't want those pipes aimed at the front of my brick in tow if I step down to a 2008 F-150 Supercrew

Who makes a good side exit dual setup that exits behind the rear tires? After I heard the Corsa clips here, I would consider it in a second. I just don't want to have to go to a shop to rework the exits. For that money, I'll consider the MBRP that I know has excellent show polished quality... it just doesn't seem to sound as tough as the Roush Off Road or Corsa.

Old 12-30-2007 | 10:01 PM
I sure do love my Corsa sport...

Old 12-30-2007 | 10:37 PM
I would have so bought that exhaust if it was still available from moss but there all gone lol

Old 12-30-2007 | 11:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by mgp32
I sure do love my Corsa sport...
Yeah, your videos are the reason I love the Corsa. I just want stereo out the sides... not one side. Heck, I'm driving it darnit. I want to hear it, too!

Old 12-31-2007 | 01:07 AM
i hated my exhaust coming out of the corners! i had a magna flow on my ranger that came out of the corners and couldnt keep them clean being right there behind the 33s! just my worthless point! haha

Old 01-01-2008 | 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Yeah, your videos are the reason I love the Corsa. I just want stereo out the sides... not one side. Heck, I'm driving it darnit. I want to hear it, too!
Pass a car at WOT with your back window down!! DANG it reflects of the car and it is the coolest sound ever!

Old 01-01-2008 | 08:55 PM
|
Mgp32, I just had to listen again. Man, I love that exhaust... and that's coming from an ex-Roush Off Road guy. It just sounds meaty and tough. I just can't bear the price. We'll see as soon as I make up my mind if I am in fact going to drop down to an F-150 again.

Old 01-02-2008 | 01:30 AM
The truck even sounds more mean now that I have the AF1 and tunes(just running the canned tunes now until I recieve the custom ones).

Old 01-02-2008 | 08:14 AM
|
Well, Troyer's great to work with. When I get there, I'll have to talk to Crystal and see if they have a distributor they work with that handles Corsa. Then, after running it a while, I'll consider having a shop rerout the tails if I desperately need the tips out behind the wheels. I definitely don't want Magnaflow, and MBRP is very nice and has the look and sound I'd like. I have put on many of their systems, but after hearing yours, I may have a new favorite. I just wanted duals not facing my trailer when towing. I'll keep listening to your clips every day for the next few weeks!

Old 01-02-2008 | 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Well, Troyer's great to work with. When I get there, I'll have to talk to Crystal and see if they have a distributor they work with that handles Corsa. Then, after running it a while, I'll consider having a shop rerout the tails if I desperately need the tips out behind the wheels. I definitely don't want Magnaflow, and MBRP is very nice and has the look and sound I'd like. I have put on many of their systems, but after hearing yours, I may have a new favorite. I just wanted duals not facing my trailer when towing. I'll keep listening to your clips every day for the next few weeks!
I dont think its a good idea to "re-route" the tubing. The way it sounds is each system is custom made for the truck and by doing that you could possibly affect the sound or performance.

What do you mean by you dont was them facing the trailer when towing? My tips are out the side behind the wheels?

Old 01-02-2008 | 08:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by mgp32
What do you mean by you dont was them facing the trailer when towing? My tips are out the side behind the wheels?
I was talking about a SIDO where the duals exit straight out the back. I know yours are off the passenger side. I may have to sacrifice. I just had it in my mind I wanted a set of duals behind each tire. Great, here I go again. Now I have to listen to your sound clips again. If I buy a Corsa setup, will it still sound good just sitting in my garage in the box until I get the truck to fit it?

Hey, by the way, how about a video with you driving the other direction so we can see how it sounds if we aren't on the receiving end of those 4" megaphones?

Last edited by Smokewagun; 01-02-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2008 | 12:37 PM
i agree, of all the sound clips i've heard, the Corsa sounds the best, but i REALLY want duals behind the tires. kind of sucks to drop the coin on an exhaust system like that, only to have to pay a shop more to modify the tailpipes. decisions decisions. what's the best place to pick up the corsa? i think i've seen them in the mid $700's?

Old 01-05-2008 | 11:54 AM
|
Mgp32, are you sleeping on me?

"Hey, by the way, how about a video with you driving the other direction so we can see how it sounds if we aren't on the receiving end of those 4" megaphones?"

Where is the video at?

Old 01-05-2008 | 04:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I know you said you did not want a maggie, but they now make a dual same side exit behind rear tire for the 150's, it's part # 16608

Old 01-06-2008 | 03:11 PM
Wink

I really like the sound of the Maggie better than those loud one, it has a nice rumble

Quick Reply: Side Exit Duals Behind Tires?