Corsa...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That a way! You WILL have alot of fun with this exhaust...trust me!

Wasachevyguy...what did you get? Dual out the rear or side exit?

Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Post up a sound clip after you get 'er installed if you can.. Don't think I've heard a clip from a Corsa on here..

Old 01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by TexEdition
Post up a sound clip after you get 'er installed if you can.. Don't think I've heard a clip from a Corsa on here..

I have 3 sound clips in my sig...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by mgp32
That a way! You WILL have alot of fun with this exhaust...trust me!

Wasachevyguy...what did you get? Dual out the rear or side exit?

the more i read about this setup the more excited i get. if yours sounds that good on a sound clip, imagine what it sounds like in real life!

i got the sport dual tip out the side, just like yours. the system is over $1000 up here in canada. i can't believe i got it for $600 including shipping.

Last edited by wasachevyguy; 01-09-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:44 PM
It will sound WAY better in person...those were filmed with a digital camera. Make sure to tell me what you think after you get it on...

Old 01-10-2008, 03:11 PM
It will sound WAY better in person...those were filmed with a digital camera. Make sure to tell me what you think after you get it on...
will do. did you do it yourself or did you take it some where? if you did, what did they charge you? i just want to have an idea.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I've been drooling over Corsa for awhile now... but don't have the money yet...

Here are some good sites with sound clips...

Corsa Site: http://www.corsaperf.com/ford.htm
- has a bunch sound clips, including interior sound

Ford Muscle: http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...F150/index.php
- has sound/video and install steps with pictures

some day I'll get my own. Hopefully the one with the dual rear exit with twin tips... like they show on the Ford Muscle website.

Good luck with yours
... if you don't like it, feel free to send it to me

Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I installed it myself in less than 30 degree temps in my garage, the instal was easy but would have been better if it was warmer I think it only took me about an hour and a half and that includes getting my stock exhaust off.

Get a squirt bottle with warm soapy water and spray it in the hangers...it will make getting the stock exhaust off and slipping the new exhaust on much easier.

They actualy send me the wrong intermediate pipe with my kit. I believe it was 21" and I have to cut 5" (give or take an inch...Im not sure of the actualy lengths) off. They said I could send it in and they would overnite me the part I needed but I said it was no biggy since I had a chop saw that could do the job.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
trust me with the ZERO droan especially while towing and the 60's big block sound you wont be dissapointed-phil

Old 01-11-2008, 04:14 AM
I installed it myself in less than 30 degree temps in my garage, the instal was easy but would have been better if it was warmer I think it only took me about an hour and a half and that includes getting my stock exhaust off.
I took a cross country trip last year to CA from VA and out west where the speed limit allows you to drive 85 mph legally for miles, and the pipe in front of the muffler that connects to the truck pipe kept blowing off and I had to have it welded for it to stay.
I was on the side of the road over and over trying to make it stay and the soap trick was all that made it possible...

Old 01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
wow!

Originally Posted by Old Dogg™
I took a cross country trip last year to CA from VA and out west where the speed limit allows you to drive 85 mph legally for miles, and the pipe in front of the muffler that connects to the truck pipe kept blowing off and I had to have it welded for it to stay.
I was on the side of the road over and over trying to make it stay and the soap trick was all that made it possible...
WOW....Did you happen to re torque your clamps after you heat cycled that system???

Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 PM

Get a squirt bottle with warm soapy water and spray it in the hangers...it will make getting the stock exhaust off and slipping the new exhaust on much easier.

They actualy send me the wrong intermediate pipe with my kit. I believe it was 21" and I have to cut 5" (give or take an inch...Im not sure of the actualy lengths) off. They said I could send it in and they would overnite me the part I needed but I said it was no biggy since I had a chop saw that could do the job.
Glad to see you got your system on...Truck looks good.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Markou1
WOW....Did you happen to re torque your clamps after you heat cycled that system???
Yep I did it a couple of times after several heat cycles then drove maybe 20K miles before I took my trip.
On the trip I was doing +85 mph for 5 to 6 hours a stretch.
I have the Touring muffler so maybe the backpressure is higher though Corsa says not. I dont see how it's quieter than the sport muffler without more restriction because it's stock quiet at low rpm after warm up.

I stopped maybe 8 times and tightened and torqued it because I was afraid the muffler would fall out of the hangars it would slide back so far.
After the tack weld I had piece of mind again cause it sucked crawling under the truck over and over.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Now you got me scared. The "nipple" on both of the hangers are "butted" up against my rubber hangers, they are all the way through but it would make me feel better if it were farther in. And yes, Ive re-tightened multiple times.

Ive now prolly put on a 1000 miles and they seem to be staying put and not trying the pull through the rubber hangers. How did you go about welding it? Your not using the rubber hangers at all?

Old 01-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Now you got me scared. The "nipple" on both of the hangers are "butted" up against my rubber hangers, they are all the way through but it would make me feel better if it were farther in. And yes, Ive re-tightened multiple times.

Ive now prolly put on a 1000 miles and they seem to be staying put and not trying the pull through the rubber hangers. How did you go about welding it? Your not using the rubber hangers at all?
Never had a problem until my 5 hour long distance "Hi Speed" +85 mph runs.
From what you describe, it should be further in than just pass the nipples on the hangars.

I took it to a muffler shop loosened up all the clamps, pushed everything as far forward as it would go, tightened everything up and had it tac welded (2 spots) up forward where the first pipe in front of the muffler goes into the OEM pipe (where it was blowing off). I gave the guy a $20...He would have taken $10.

If I ever want to take it off I might have to replace the OEM pipe aft of the Cat Conveter. Much cheaper than another Corsa muffler and I dont worry anymore.