Corsa...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya idk...I think once it gets warmer out Ill see if I can get it farther up but its just to dang cold out to work on right now. But like I said I think I might be alight because Ive put a good 1,000 miles on it and its seen around 90mph and many WOT runs and it is stayin right where it is. I talked to my brother who has put a few exhaust systems on including a new 6.0 gto and he says it should be fine where its at now as long as it isnt trying to pull through the hangers...

Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Looks good with the side exit,I have the dual twin 3.5 tips out the back, and cannot stand the look of it,you see to much of the exhaust system,the tips are second to none, but there is only about four inches of them.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
it's here!! woooooohooooooooo!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by mgp32
Ya idk...I think once it gets warmer out Ill see if I can get it farther up but its just to dang cold out to work on right now. But like I said I think I might be alight because Ive put a good 1,000 miles on it and its seen around 90mph and many WOT runs and it is stayin right where it is. I talked to my brother who has put a few exhaust systems on including a new 6.0 gto and he says it should be fine where its at now as long as it isnt trying to pull through the hangers...
I hear ya on the cold but dont worry too much. I drove around months after my install, punching it (WOT), +90mph short runs and took numerous 2-3 hour trips with no problem.....then I was about 2,000 miles into a 2700 mile trip when it came loose and it sucked hard getting out and under the truck over and over with the family on a trip.
Bad things seem to pick the worst time to happen.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Not trying to re-direct the converstation or anything, but I have decided to go with the Corsa exhaust. I was thinking of going with the duals with the twin tips, but have recently heard folks not liking how noticable the exaust is under the truck. The single exit with the twin tips looks more factory, but I did not want to lose the duals sound.

Do folks think the Corsa duals look good ? Or does anyone that has the single exhaust wish they had gone with the duals.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by pfd-149
Not trying to re-direct the converstation or anything, but I have decided to go with the Corsa exhaust. I was thinking of going with the duals with the twin tips, but have recently heard folks not liking how noticable the exaust is under the truck. The single exit with the twin tips looks more factory, but I did not want to lose the duals sound.

Do folks think the Corsa duals look good ? Or does anyone that has the single exhaust wish they had gone with the duals.
I had the DUALS and now I have the single side exit..My personal preference I like the side exit better

Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by pfd-149
I think the duals look ok but I never regretted side exit choice. I see so many duals that have been damaged and one pipe swinging in the air. Always wondered why/how?

Last edited by Old Dogg™; 01-16-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the response guys. I think I am going to go with the side exit.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:09 PM
You should be happy with the side exit. If I was to do it all over again I would still buy the side exit....they are very unique with the dual 4" tips....I will be you not see another truck in your area with the same tips. Also, the sound is AWESOME!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:14 PM
MGP32,

I listened to your sound clips and that truck sounds awesome !

Old 01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by mgp32
Also, the sound is AWESOME!
Was looking at those vid clips and was wondering...do your tires break loose on dry pavement?
If so I need another tuner.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 PM
just got the system put on this morning. it sounds fantastic. inside the cab i can't hear it at all while cruising. but when you step on it, it has a nice low rumble. the shop that put it on for me said they couldn't believe how incredibly well made everything is. they sell flowmaster and magnaflow, but they said the corsa was far superior in everyway to either of those products. everything fit so well, it only took 30 minutes to get the oem system off, and the corsa put on.

moss motors still has them on clearance. get them before they're gone folks!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Old Dogg™
Was looking at those vid clips and was wondering...do your tires break loose on dry pavement?
If so I need another tuner.
That was when my truck was stock...only perf. mod was the corsa. I did get them to spin a little bit. Now I have an AF1 intake and am running SCT canned tunes. I should do another video now...now she really moves and gets loud. Can't wait for my custom tunes...should be here in a month!

Wasachevyguy....glad you like it!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Corsa

I have a SCT TUNER with a K&N and a CORSA and I can BREAK the 35's loose on DRY PAVEMENT...

Old 01-23-2008, 09:36 AM
here are some pic's of my install

damn, this stocker is a beast! (and extremely restrictive)

out with the old, in with the new

before

after!!