Corsa...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wasachevyguy
so i've had my system on for 2 weeks now and i couldn't be happier. have you guys noticed that the sound slowly gets better and better? or is it my ears playing tricks on me?
Ya... I've had mine on for a little over a week and I think its getting a little lower and slightly louder. Anyone know why this is? Is there something in the muffler that wears in? I was under the impression that all the baffles and whatnot were made out of steel, but perhaps theres some sort of packing in some of the chambers?

Old 02-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by mkosu04
Ya... I've had mine on for a little over a week and I think its getting a little lower and slightly louder. Anyone know why this is? Is there something in the muffler that wears in? I was under the impression that all the baffles and whatnot were made out of steel, but perhaps theres some sort of packing in some of the chambers?
Not sure why but after nearly 2 years mine (touring) is definitely louder and deeper than when first installed. Cutaway photos on website dont show any packing but I know it's not my imagination either...go figure

They also claim that touring is quieter than sport with no decrease in backpressure and I dont get that either....

Old 02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by mkosu04
You might just be not noticing it as much thus you have been driving it...
The stainless inside will expand and contract with TEMP. but sound should still be the same...The SPORT has no packing at all... The TOURING has a confined area with packing enclosed in it own compartment...The TOURING is quieter then SPORT but not by much.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I've always been told that exhausts get louder over time no matter what brand they are. Why this happens I don't know.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:44 PM
i'll swear that my gibson did...wish corsa would come out with something for my year model....

Old 02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
hey i just notice something, they dont make one for regular cab. Whats the difference is just lenght wise for the begining pipe or something, can i just shorten it?