AF1 question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008 | 08:52 AM
|
AF1 question

I have a AF1 intake that measures 3.25" for the inside diameter of the tube. And on the site you only here people talking about is the 3" and 3.5" so my question is did they ever make a 3.25 or is mine either the 3" or 3.5". Im asking since im getting ready to get custom tunes.
Thanks.

Old 01-03-2008 | 09:26 AM
I have the 3.5". When I measure mine from the inside it is close to 3.25-3.5.

Old 01-03-2008 | 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Black Hawk
I have a AF1 intake that measures 3.25" for the inside diameter of the tube. And on the site you only here people talking about is the 3" and 3.5" so my question is did they ever make a 3.25 or is mine either the 3" or 3.5". Im asking since im getting ready to get custom tunes.
Thanks.
Check the inside of the tube! If there is a section of tubing inside. Its about 7" long and it narrows down to 3". That is how you tell them apart! I went through this also when i got mine. Click on my little camera and there are some pics of what i am talking about when i did my AF1 install.

Old 01-03-2008 | 04:03 PM
|
Since mine doesnt have the reduction i suppose it is the 3.5. And ill have to wait for a tune to install it.
Thanks

Old 01-03-2008 | 04:07 PM
Since mine doesnt have the reduction i suppose it is the 3.5. And ill have to wait for a tune to install it.
Thanks
Yep. You need a custom tunes to run that puppy.

Old 01-03-2008 | 04:25 PM
Thanks.
There are indeed 3.25" AF1's out there, (there's even one on my truck!) They came out with those before the 3.5", so if your intake is used, it may be a 3.25" mode, if it's brand new, odds are it's a 3.5". I got mine new in the summer of 2006.

Either way, it should not be used until you have custom tunes.

- NCSU

Old 01-04-2008 | 08:48 PM
Hey Irish FX4, I was looking at your pics. I noticed that on the one of everything installed there seems to be a blue tube? around the inside of the hole in the heat shield? Is that right? Did you have vibration problems or what? I don't think I have my filter slid up as far as you do.....Is mine not on right?
Just curious maybe you are on to something here.

Old 01-04-2008 | 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by jamieFF
Hey Irish FX4, I was looking at your pics. I noticed that on the one of everything installed there seems to be a blue tube? around the inside of the hole in the heat shield? Is that right? Did you have vibration problems or what? I don't think I have my filter slid up as far as you do.....Is mine not on right?
Just curious maybe you are on to something here.
Yea i bought it used and it was suposted to have some black rubber around the hole which i did not get. So i put some matching blue hose around it. Thought it looked ok. I don't have a vibration problem. I moved it close to the hole to keep the heat from the engine at a minimum being sucked into the engine. I dont no if it does stop it but what the hey. Its weird how the blue oil fades real quick and the filter turns grayish but apparently it normal.

Quick Reply: AF1 question