Volant

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volant

I HAVE A 5.4L IN MY SCREW AND AM PLANNING TO PUT A COLD AIR INTAKE ON SOON. I HAVE LOOKED AROUND AND IT SEEMS VOLANT LOOKS LIKE THE BEST BET. THEY CLAIM BETWEEN 14 AND 18 HP INCREASE AND 2-3 MPG. IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING OR HAS ONE LET ME KNOW. THANKS.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...cfm?gnum=10408

Old 01-15-2008, 08:59 PM
This website is very bias and only like AF1... But i bought a volant and should be in around friday, ill tell you how it dose

Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by f150monster232
This website is very bias and only like AF1... But i bought a volant and should be in around friday, ill tell you how it dose
Sweet ride man, Hey i would appreciate that very much, lookin forward to hearing the outcome. Keep me posted.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:57 AM
Volant is a high quality intake that I've used in the past with results above my expectations.

You'll be pleased.

PS: ALL CAPS is considered shouting in internet terminology and difficult to read on some screens.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Volant is a high quality intake that I've used in the past with results above my expectations.

You'll be pleased.

PS: ALL CAPS is considered shouting in internet terminology and difficult to read on some screens.

Hey thanks for the input I am pretty sure thats what I am going to go with I just wanted to get some view's from the people who have had them and sorry about the caps.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Suspended
I have had the Volant for five months now. Hold long does it take to get the 2-3 mpg? Gotta call BS on the website...It helps a little, but get tune, like the Xcal3, and then you will notice more power. An intake alone is worthless in my experience...

Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I have had the Volant for five months now. Hold long does it take to get the 2-3 mpg? Gotta call BS on the website...It helps a little, but get tune, like the Xcal3, and then you will notice more power. An intake alone is worthless in my experience...
Whats an Xcal3?

Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by thumper2001
Whats an Xcal3?
A tune man..Its a small computer that takes off your stock computer program. It then uploads either a custom, or a pre program from a company that makes the computer. Most here use the Edge, or the SCT tuner witha custom tune by Troyer. The Edge has a canned tune that can be customed. It sits on your dash and has guages. An Xcal3 has no guages, and can be customized by Troyer. Basically it is just a computer program that makes your truck come to life. They run about 400 bucks. 600 with an Af1 intake. Do not just get the intake. I got my tune from Troyer, becuase he can match it up with my Volant, and not cause a lean condition. Volant says that it will not cause a lean condition...but I had rather be safe than sorry. Plus my truck runs much better with a tune and an intake. The Volant will make the engine roar in conjuntion with dual exhaust. Everyone has there opinion on which combo it better. I have a Volant air intake, Flowmaster dual exhaust, and and Xcal3 tuner with Troyer custom tunes. From what I have read, the best setup is SUPPOSEDLY, a Troyer custom tune with an AF1 intake, and Magnaflow exhaust. I do not have the supposed best, but I am very happy with the results. Do a search for Troyer and Edge...see what floats your boat.

You may have heard people say they got a chip...that is essentially what a tune is or was...Idunno.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:35 PM
A tune man..Its a small computer that takes off your stock computer program. It then uploads either a custom, or a pre program from a company that makes the computer. Most here use the Edge, or the SCT tuner witha custom tune by Troyer. The Edge has a canned tune that can be customed. It sits on your dash and has guages. An Xcal3 has no guages, and can be customized by Troyer. Basically it is just a computer program that makes your truck come to life. They run about 400 bucks. 600 with an Af1 intake. Do not just get the intake. I got my tune from Troyer, becuase he can match it up with my Volant, and not cause a lean condition. Volant says that it will not cause a lean condition...but I had rather be safe than sorry. Plus my truck runs much better with a tune and an intake. The Volant will make the engine roar in conjuntion with dual exhaust. Everyone has there opinion on which combo it better. I have a Volant air intake, Flowmaster dual exhaust, and and Xcal3 tuner with Troyer custom tunes. From what I have read, the best setup is SUPPOSEDLY, a Troyer custom tune with an AF1 intake, and Magnaflow exhaust. I do not have the supposed best, but I am very happy with the results. Do a search for Troyer and Edge...see what floats your boat.

You may have heard people say they got a chip...that is essentially what a tune is or was...Idunno.
Ok, I knew what a tune was I just never heard of the Xcal3. I appreciate your very detailed message though, its good to know that theres people here that will help. I will take a look at the Troyer and Edge websites and see what they have to offer. Thanks again man.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Suspended
Ok, I knew what a tune was I just never heard of the Xcal3. I appreciate your very detailed message though, its good to know that theres people here that will help. I will take a look at the Troyer and Edge websites and see what they have to offer. Thanks again man.
IMHO, I would not trust the sites. Search the F150 online search engine. See what people have said, and see what their thoughts are. The reason I say that I dont trust the sites, is because by reading Volants site...you thought you would get 2-3 more miles a gallon. Not bashing ya, just wanted you to think. If ya look at a Throttle Body site...they are good for 20 extra HP. Most all in this forum that have tried them say that they do not produce any. They do agree that TB's make decent paperweights...

Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
IMHO, I would not trust the sites. Search the F150 online search engine. See what people have said, and see what their thoughts are. The reason I say that I dont trust the sites, is because by reading Volants site...you thought you would get 2-3 more miles a gallon. Not bashing ya, just wanted you to think. If ya look at a Throttle Body site...they are good for 20 extra HP. Most all in this forum that have tried them say that they do not produce any. They do agree that TB's make decent paperweights...
Not trying to act like I dont appreciate the advice but I am thinking. If you read what I had posted you would see that I had said that Volant claims to get 2-3 mpg and all I was wanting to see was what people had experienced. I realize that alot of the stuff is glorified, I am just wanting to hear it from those who have tried the item themselves so I myself can sift threw the trash.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Suspended
Not trying to act like I dont appreciate the advice but I am thinking. If you read what I had posted you would see that I had said that Volant claims to get 2-3 mpg and all I was wanting to see was what people had experienced. I realize that alot of the stuff is glorified, I am just wanting to hear it from those who have tried the item themselves so I myself can sift threw the trash.
Sorry, you are correct...I forgot that you wanted to see what people thought, and that you actually did not believe the sites claims. Sift through the trash in the search engine. There are some very good threads in there. I was just trying make an analagy...although it was a poor one. I think you now understand the direction to go. Best of luck.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Sorry, you are correct...I forgot that you wanted to see what people thought, and that you actually did not believe the sites claims. Sift through the trash in the search engine. There are some very good threads in there. I was just trying make an analagy...although it was a poor one. I think you now understand the direction to go. Best of luck.
No harm no foul man, I appreciate the help either way just wanted to clarify things is all.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:37 PM
So ive had the Volant on for a few days now, my MPG went dont a mile or 2, it has a good sounds around 3-5thousand Rpms, didnt make my exaust louder, but its great for 240 bucks

Old 01-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by f150monster232
So ive had the Volant on for a few days now, my MPG went dont a mile or 2, it has a good sounds around 3-5thousand Rpms, didnt make my exaust louder, but its great for 240 bucks
So it did make your gas mileage go down. Hhhhmmmm, what about the power difference? Thanks for the feed back by the way.

Quick Reply: Volant