My headers will be here 2 morro!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can i get that paint anywhere else...like murrays or autozone..cuz i dont feel like ordering it off the internet.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM
yeah i think murrys sells some like that. i got school today so ill be starting at about 3ish im not going to work..its pretty crappy out is your dad going to make you work? if your not shoot me an Email and ill give you my number and ill give u directions. They expanded the Turn-downs for free to fit over the muffler. but the cut-outs he didnt want to because the Weld for the cut-out pipe is so close to the inlet of the cut-out so i got a 3"ID 3"ID apadater to slide over my header and slide over the cut-out...one of my nice clamps covers the whole adapter. i donno if im going to clamp it or have someone weld it up...still worryed about that driver side angle but i know it'll fit!! So yeah JR shoot me and Email telling me whats going on.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
im at work right now but we are as dead as a door ****....i am just waiting for my electric fans to be deliverd cuz i had them shipped to my work cuz i have to sign for it....ill let you know whats goin on.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:15 AM
sounds good like i said ill prob start around 3:30 3:45ish ill be working all night... you got the tracking number on your Fans you can see were there at. yeah not to many people what there stuff washed and detailed when its snowing out lol. but yeah i get outta school at 2:55 go to the bank and then im going home i might let my truck melt a lil inside before i start i donno thoe ill send you an Email with my number in it after school. todays going to be a fun day/night im going to be up all night and all day sat until its done.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:21 AM
will do.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:33 AM
so i started install at about 3:30-3:45 and as of now 12:31 AM i have both shorties off Driver side is in place with 4 bolts holding it. Passenger side header wouldnt slide up into place but i cleaned out the threads really good with WD40 and then ran a new bolt threw each one of them. im going to try a few things to get that passenger side header up there... Took a few videos of my truck with shorties and the super-turbos for the last time ill post that then ill post it with the dyno max 3" bullets and you guys can tell me witch one sounds better as for now im really tired that passenger had some crazy bolts to try and get to im going to go to bed and get up around 7-8ish and start working again ill keep you guys up dated. Sorry no pics or a Step by step how too...everyone that has been over my house has been working on my truck! so i might have some final install pics but that might be it.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
hey man..sorry i had to duck out early yesterday but my g/f wasnt feeling good and she didnt feel like picking me up there late at night. today my dad needed help at the wash because a piece of machinery broke down and i needed to help him fix it. i hope everything works out today for you, and i cant wait to hear what they sound like.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:39 PM
still working on it what time u done with work...cuz ill prob be still working when your done. i understand the whole G/f thing ive learned a few tips from doing this so it'll be easyer for you. you ever find out what your going to run behide it? shoot me a txt or gimme a call if you wanna swing by

Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
ok both headers are torqed down expect one bolt on the driver side. Both o2s are in the bungs...Passenger side has cut-out clamped on and i need to get an EGR bushing to make it fit right. ill be fireing it 2 morro Blah what a long weekend now im eating bout to take a shower then go see my G/F to relax a lil bit

Old 02-10-2008, 12:23 PM
ok things to do today...figure out how to tighten one bolt on the driver side....get the EGR bushing clamp the mufflers onto the turn downs...reinstall everything turn the key and pray for no leaks!! then do the cureing of the headers...on for 10 off for 20 on for 20 off for 20...30 mins normal operating temp then my VHT header paint will be cured onto the headers then in the spring or the next 40 degree day we have in michigan i gotta touch up some of the spots i scratched the paint putting the headers on...its 4degrees adn about 25-40MPH winds so that makes it prob about -10 wind chill a lil too cold to paint steel..... but ill take some pics of the final install and maybe some videos of the sound

Old 02-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:54 PM
THE 4.6L MONSTER LIVES!!!! with no leaks no ticking no nothing!!!...oh adn for the EGR tube u guys are gonna lagh...i put a 3/8's extention up there then wraped it in duct tape...No whisleing noise or anything..No poping or crackling at all i reved it up very nice deep tone that i wanted. gonna go put inner fenders and tires back on and then go cure the headers! it got kinda smoky in my garge bc the stuff they use to mandrel bend was burning off of the headers but all in all it was well worth it gonna go do that stuff and cure it ill be back in and hour...thanks for all your help...watch for videos 2 morro WOOT WOOT

Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 AM
So what are you going to do about the EGR tube?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:50 AM
im going to get a 1/2" cap with fine threads and cap off the tube....the right way...then in the spring/summer ill get the block off plate and take off all the EGR stuff and add it to the stuff thats never going on my truck again ill take some pics and videos today donno if i can post them or not but ill get it rolling. Will the floor get really hott...i didnt put the passenger side heat sheild back in theres about 2"s from the header to the floor.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Nice job man! If that paint really doesnt burn off then I will be doing the same thing in spring. Did you drive it yet?

Quick Reply: My headers will be here 2 morro!!