My headers will be here 2 morro!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My headers will be here 2 morro!!

My pacesetter long tubes from Auto parts warehouse will be here 2 morro im going to dyno my truck before i put on this set up. Its going to be Long tubes *slip fit* with nice clamps going to my Cut-outs then going into my Dynomax superturbos. Can a muffler shop chage the intlet outlet size from 2 1/2 to 3"? or should i just get 3" dynomax racing bullets? Thanks guys ill take pics threw out the install but no write up. Im going to dyno my truck with pacesetter shorties then im going to go back up there with my pacesetter long tubes and ill post the Dyno charts when i get them. After i get my Long tubes im going to make a run threw the mufflers and then a run with my cut-outs Open should be fun!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

get the bullets! they are straight through, your superturbos are not. the bullets will improve your dyno results even more! i plan to swap my flowmasters with bullets as soon as im back from school for a week or so.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:11 PM
yeah it would be about 70 bucks per muffler to expand my super turbos and bullets are like 45 bucks on summit so i think im gettin bullets if you know any cheaper places to get them let me know plz thanks

Old 01-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by shifty_85
yeah it would be about 70 bucks per muffler to expand my super turbos and bullets are like 45 bucks on summit so i think im gettin bullets if you know any cheaper places to get them let me know plz thanks
make sure to get the 12" long ones, not the longer ones. Summit and Jegs both have the 2.5" version for 40 bucks each.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:06 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku i think im just going to buy 2 of those...do those look good...and since i have no cats will this be loud or pulled over 500.00 ticket loud?? doesnt look like there much there to muffle oh well ill prob get them any ways...what you guys think? Pace setter long tubes....Jegs cut-outs....Dynomax bullets with 3" turn downs

Old 01-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Awesome! I really looking forward to your dyno results. But yea, that will be one load machine. Does you think the 3 inch bullets will be too much and lose back pressure?

nevertheless, good luck

Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 PM
im not to worryed about the back pressure i think ill be fine im excited about the dyno. ill ask around at that shop what they think of the set up im wanting to do. but yeah im not installing my LT's till i get a dyno of my set up now *pacesetter shortys no cats and dynomax super turbos*...is there anything i could chage between dyno pulls? i get 2 pulls and on this set up i donno what i can chage?? when i have the cut-outs on my new set up ill make one run threw the dynomax bullets and then one run open cut-outs. and will see the differnt but for my run this friday what can i chage between dyno pulls??

Old 01-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Its not the loss of exhaust back pressure (back pressure is never good, don't need it) it is the loss of exhaust gas velocity. The bigger the pipe, the exhaust gas cool down quicker and become more dense. As the gas becomes more dense the motor has to work harder to push it out which becomes backpressure and loss of potentail power. Pipe sizes are based on the size of the motor and how much power it is creating. So basicly from a 4.6, 5.0, 5.4, and 5.8 need 2.5" pipe. Big blocks need 3" because you are pulling more air and fuel into the motor. Now if you are cranking lets say 400+ hp on any of the small blocks you can use a 3".

The theme to this story is that bigger is not always better, the proper size is. Take for instance a jet plane, as it flies higher and higher it gets faster and more efficent until it hits 36,000 feet. Once it goes past this it begins to loss speed and efficiency. I will post a thread that someone expained to me in much better detail.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:00 AM
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=197465
Read what Jordan not Mike said and what GDDYUP said. It explained a lot to me.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 AM
i know its velocity and bigger isnt always bettter...who knows maybe my truck will have 400HP haha but i love the sound of long tubes with 3" pipeing it sounds amazing so yeah i know ill lost power and all that fun stuff but ill have alot less back persure. 3" collector 3" cut-outs 3" dynomax bullets. My headers and cut-outs are on the fed ex's trucks and will be here this afternoon!!! YAY!!!!! cants wait!

Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 AM
M HEADERS ARE AT MY HOSUE YAY!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008 8:25 AM

Delivered

Farmington, MI

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Cant wait to go home im going home at lunch just to see them YAY ill take some pics when i get home!!

Old 01-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by shifty_85
i know its velocity and bigger isnt always bettter...who knows maybe my truck will have 400HP haha but i love the sound of long tubes with 3" pipeing it sounds amazing so yeah i know ill lost power and all that fun stuff but ill have alot less back persure. 3" collector 3" cut-outs 3" dynomax bullets. My headers and cut-outs are on the fed ex's trucks and will be here this afternoon!!! YAY!!!!! cants wait!
~Sigh~You sound just like my brother-in-law.

Anyhow is your truck 2 or 4wd? It says that those will work on 4wd, so would you please take a bunch of pics so I can see if it would work on a 4wd? That is if your truck is just a 2wd? Also get some sound clips to if you can. What type of gasket are you going to use?

Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
my truck is 2WD but they should fit. ill take lots of pics of the headers and everything that came with them. oh there will be ALOT of sound clips. threw dynomax bullets and threw the open cut-outs lots and lots of videos then a dyno after i install them. i should post some pics later on today! keep an eye out for them the only thing is the collector and the Cut-outs are the same 3" neither slip over each other so im going to have to go to a muffler shop and have them expand the Cut-outs from 3" ID to a 3" OD so they will slip over the headers. lots of pics later today guys!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Did you already do your first dyno run?

Quick Reply: My headers will be here 2 morro!!