2007 FX4, What dual exhaust should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mgp32
don't skimp on your exhaust. when I bought my new 07 I told myself Im going to get the best...so I went with Corsa. Awesome aggressive sound at take off and WOT but NO drone when cruising.
see i like the sounds of that. but that's definately gonna be alot more coin, especially for the dual rear exit 4" sport

time to start saving i guess!

Old 02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by STX4MX
Buy it online

http://www.woodhousestore.com/servle...rt=17&total=32

Then take it to any muffler shop to have it installed. Installation should cost less than $100.00 from what I have seen.
I emailed woodhouse and the service guy quoted me $200 to have the exhaust installed. I thought he was crazy. I will take it to a local guy for $60.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by LostPuma
see i like the sounds of that. but that's definately gonna be alot more coin, especially for the dual rear exit 4" sport

time to start saving i guess!
I got mine for a crazy deal of $500 shipped because it was on closeout. The next best price I found was like $700 shipped but its worth it!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by boomer08
I emailed woodhouse and the service guy quoted me $200 to have the exhaust installed. I thought he was crazy. I will take it to a local guy for $60.

What do they charge for labor there? $200.00/hour?

I only paid $85.00 at monro.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by STX4MX
What do they charge for labor there? $200.00/hour?

I only paid $85.00 at monro.
Here is exactly what he told me. I know he was lying because I had a borla exhaust installed in less than an hour and borla makes the roush so it can't be that different if at all.

George, it would be around $200 to have it installed, and takes 2-3 hours. If you would like to schedule a time, please call our service department and we can get you taken care of. The phone number is 402-426-4126. Thanks.

Chad Riege

Old 02-21-2008, 04:36 PM
sorry to revive this thread but i have another question about the same topic.

whats the difference between buying a full cat back dual exhaust system and having that installed versus buying the same nice muffler and having the mechanic bend the pipes himself for a dual exhaust set up?

are the flow and bends of the full cat back system going to be way better or something?

sorry to be a pest, just exploring my options and i am always down for learning new stuff. thanks again

Old 02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
whats the difference between buying a full cat back dual exhaust system and having that installed versus buying the same nice muffler and having the mechanic bend the pipes himself for a dual exhaust set up?

are the flow and bends of the full cat back system going to be way better or something?
Mandrel bent piping will be better than piping 'pinch' bent at the shop. The Mandrel bends will keep the same inner diameter of the pipe, where as when a normal shop bends the pipe, the inner diameter is decreased a little. Now as to how much better, I don't really know. I'd wager to say it's probably not worth an extra couple hundred dollars though.

My true dual set up was custom made at the shop and they dropped in 2 single-in-single-out flowmaster mufflers. Total price out the door was $275. I couldn't have been happier.

Sound Clips:
http://media.putfile.com/My-Exhaust---Startup-and-Rev
http://media.putfile.com/Take-off-from-outside
http://media.putfile.com/Quick-take-off-tire-squeal

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 02-21-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 PM
see now i thought that most people weren't that big of fans with true dual.... thats what i was looking to get in the first place. hmmmmmmm i almost thought i had it all figured out.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:32 AM
i like the truck man. im blacking mine out right now same rims but a 20inch on 40"s 8inch rize 3 inch body with with coil overs.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Magnaflow.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:21 PM
see now i thought that most people weren't that big of fans with true dual.... thats what i was looking to get in the first place. hmmmmmmm i almost thought i had it all figured out.
There are several members who've got true dual exhausts. Most also utilized an H or X pipe as well (I've been told it should be positioned as far forward as possible, however, mine was not).

Originally Posted by SGTWATSON
im blacking mine out right now same rims but a 20inch on 40"s 8inch rize 3 inch body with with coil overs.
No talking like that without posting some pictures!!

Originally Posted by pignjig
Magnaflow.
Did you actually bother to read any of this thread or just the title??

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 02-22-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:55 PM
is a true dual setup more prone to the cracking sound? is going to be louder? can i still get the corsa loud WOT but nice and quiet at cruising?

Old 02-22-2008, 03:10 PM
is a true dual setup more prone to the cracking sound? is going to be louder? can i still get the corsa loud WOT but nice and quiet at cruising?
The only time my exhaust 'cracks' or 'pops' is when I rev it up while in park or neutral. It never makes any of those kinds of noises while actually driving.

Couldn't tell you about the Corsa, I'm running Flowmasters.

I've heard that you can actually get a louder sound out of a single muffler, as all of the exhaust gasses are passing thru just the one muffler. Using that logic, I would agrue that you'd get a better tone out of a true dual with two SISO (I'm thinking musically, two instruments sound better than 1), even if only half the exhaust gasses are passing thru each muffler. They're plenty loud for me!

- NCSU

Old 02-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I dont know performance wise but sound wise i wouldnt trade my exhaust for nething! I had to leave my cats on, but put a y pipe right after them leading into dual straight pipes coming out the back at an angle with 3" tips! Like i said performance wise i am not for sure if i cut down on hp or not but i love em! The cost for them at my local shop was also very cheap!

Old 02-23-2008, 03:28 AM
honestly true duals may not be the way to go because once you cut that y pipe off and get individual pressures, your truck will lose power and gas mileage. and if you like tips and get them run out the back, it will take alot of bending of the driver side pipe and now you have true duals that fight each other for a different sound and they will both have different pressures. i have true duals and ive spents to much money trying to balance out the pressures and what not. my conclusion is to go with a single in/dual out flowmaster super 44 off-road eddition (black diamond plate) with 2 high flow cats.

Quick Reply: 2007 FX4, What dual exhaust should I get?