2007 FX4, What dual exhaust should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by collegeboy07
I dont know performance wise but sound wise i wouldnt trade my exhaust for nething! I had to leave my cats on, but put a y pipe right after them leading into dual straight pipes coming out the back at an angle with 3" tips! Like i said performance wise i am not for sure if i cut down on hp or not but i love em! The cost for them at my local shop was also very cheap!
That doesn't make sense, to get true duals you cut the Y pipe out, not put one in.

Originally Posted by 2004Lariat5.4
honestly true duals may not be the way to go because once you cut that y pipe off and get individual pressures, your truck will lose power and gas mileage. and if you like tips and get them run out the back, it will take alot of bending of the driver side pipe and now you have true duals that fight each other for a different sound and they will both have different pressures. i have true duals and ive spents to much money trying to balance out the pressures and what not. my conclusion is to go with a single in/dual out flowmaster super 44 off-road eddition (black diamond plate) with 2 high flow cats.
X-pipe.

It doesn't take that much bending...

- NCSU

Old 02-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so my turn to add to the equation. I'd like to just purchase a muffler and have my local shop install it. Not too sure on which one to buy. Thinkin' of goin' the Roush way now, however, can't find just the muffler by itself. I don't want a system because I want turndowns behind the bumper. The hidden look. I like loud but I want more performance gains and mpg as those are the only things I absolutely hate about this truck. I'm open to different mufflers as I was originally gonna go with the Maggie. I have an 07 SCREW/6.5 FX4 DS Grey. Love the blacked out look. Looking to do somewhat the same with mine, only grey.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well it looks like i am going to end up getting a SIDO exhaust. time to start savin, thanks again for all your prompt advice and answers.

I will keep you updated!

Quick Reply: 2007 FX4, What dual exhaust should I get?