02 F150 Sport 4.6 Want Deepest Exaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 F150 Sport 4.6 Want Deepest Exaust

I want the Best Sounding exaust i can get for my 2002 sport edition, i dont care if its too loud i will just have angry neighbors, but im not sure if roush makes a exaust for my year and also does a side exit or rear sound better?

Thanks

Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 PM
i have a 4.6 with a 1 chamber flowmaster. its as loud or louder than most trucks and i have stock sized piping. add 3" pipe cat back to that and dump you exhaust below the bed you will have a pretty loud exhaust. i like it loud so just find a custom shop to do your work

Old 02-22-2008, 12:06 AM
lol Long tube headers....No cats Dynomax bullets *true duals* dumped under the truck....ive set off 6 car alarms the frist week i had this exhuast set up all 3" piping...its LOUD

Old 02-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Ok so sorry this is new to me haha i had a 94 ranger with 192 thousand miles on a 4.0 i just got my F150 for christmas what do you mean by dump them under the truck? go ahead and make fun of me haha i dont care but i wana learn and make a pretty sweet xtended cab svt lightning lol

Old 02-22-2008, 11:17 AM
the pipes just end under the cab Were that support beam going frame rail to frame rail is... thats were my exhuast pipes Stop...they dont go all the way to the back....Wont lagh at you just a smile we all had to learn some time. But if you want loud thats the way to go....its got a nice deep rumble at idle too. Feel free to ask anything no one will make fun of you

Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Typow07
I want the Best Sounding exaust i can get for my 2002 sport edition, i dont care if its too loud i will just have angry neighbors, but im not sure if roush makes a exaust for my year and also does a side exit or rear sound better?

Thanks
Check out my vids, I have 2.5" true duals, X-pipe, no mufflers, and 4" tips sideswept(lightning style).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PExYwCnbNMg
another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxLCbPvSvM

Old 02-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Is it better to get an entire exaust system or just the mufflers? plus id like to keep it legal or atleast semi legal so i dont get pulled over evey ten miles

Old 02-25-2008, 06:18 PM
esf
I take it by exhaust system you mean just the cat back. The benefits are mandrel bent tubing which basically means, unlike the stock piping, a mandrel bend won't be "kinked" and will retain the full diameter of the pipe all the way through the bend increasing exhaust flow. No bottleneck. My theory is, if you're going to do it, do it right. It's not necessary though. I don't believe Roush makes a system for 02. Borla makes the Roush mufflers though so you can always get a Borla S-Type muffler. Borla only lists them in a 2.5 inch single in/single out design which would work nicely to replace your stock muffler since that's the stock pipe diameter but you will need an extension pipe since the stock muffler is huge and the S-Type is only 14" long. Magnaflow is another option. They make arguably the best flowing mufflers around. What you do all depends on your budget. If money isn't a big issue then get some long tube headers, ditch the 4 stock cataltic converters and replace with two magnaflow high flows and then run a new cat back system (pre fab or custom bent piping with your choice of muffler.)

Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
pics and videos in my sig.

single 2.5" dynomax bullet dumped (precats gutted)

Old 02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Typow07

Thanks
I posted a vid clip of my headers and exhaust in another thread: Check it out!

Quick Reply: 02 F150 Sport 4.6 Want Deepest Exaust