Tb Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tb Spacer

Well this weekend im going to put an K&N cai on with a TB spacer i heard somebody talking about their is somewhat of an offset i need to do on the tb spacer. Can anyone help me out with some information about this. THANKS GUYS

Old 02-22-2008, 10:12 AM
offset? are you talkin about something like an Airraid spacer?

Old 02-22-2008, 10:19 AM
not really sure what you mean by offset, mine just bolted right up..although it really was only good for a whistle noise

Old 02-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAST 150 4X4
Well this weekend im going to put an K&N cai on with a TB spacer...
Don't waste your time with the spacer.

- NCSU

Old 02-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Ditto on the not wasting your time or money with the spacer. If you got it for free, and you are so bored that you have nothing better to do, then put it on.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
why do people spend money before they research the item they are buying

Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Because some ppl dont have the time or interest to really find out what the best thing for their vehicle are. They just believe all the BS that comapnies say about their product and how many fake HP gains it will make and but it w/o researching.
TB spacers are good in some applications, but unless you plan on Supercharging something or puting a TT system on it, you will never put out the power to utilize the spacer anyway...
Probably same ppl that buy the electronic turbo Tornado thingy that goes into the air cleaner tube, or those chips on ebay for $4.95 that claim 35 real HP...

Its all about learnign and much research....Ive made lots of mistakes in my Early Mustang yrs too, so Im not putting anyone down, just saiyng to ask a lot of questions, and do a lot of research first befgore listening ot the manufacturers of a product.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Suspended
id sell the tb spacer on ebay. you should get like $40+ for it.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:34 AM
yeah tb spacer wont do anything good.

ditch that thing.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Suspended
I remember when I wanted a tb spacer...the want did not last long after joining this site.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got one for free and stuck it on my jeep....the whistle is cool for a day... then you realize you sound like a tool and take it off and use it as a paper weight

Old 02-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Well I have one, bought it for the sound, and have installed a couple in buddies trucks. I can't explain why, but when all the trucks went to the drag strip they each picked up .1 sec from the last time. And I know that air quality, temp, humidity, track conditions, and what ever you can think of to argue back could be a diff. of .1 sec. But ever since then the trucks have held that .1 sec faster. I have worked on Nascar engines, and spent many hours in a Flowbench, and no swirl pattern from the carb. right to the valve stem never picked up any cfm, the only thing that would possibly help would be the 1" of additional plenum volume. But hey, at least I'm not trying to prove the tornado/turbonator worked, b/c I will tell you that I personally saw a loss of air flow, and the air was "dirty"(turbulent) around the fins causing erratic air flow. I love to hassle the people who sell the "chips" on ebay for $15 or less. I'm a Ford Fact Grad, have 80% of Ford's credentials for a Mastertech, so I have a pretty good knowledge of Ford. Anyway, they sell a resistor you put in your IAT sensor to "trick" it into running richer, which the IAT has so little effect on fuel corrections, once the pcm sees that the o2's read consistenly rich, it just "overlooks" the IAT and pulls info elsewhere. The sellers will argue with you until no end about it actually working, until you tell them you are wanting there product to do dyno testing, and will post there results on their websites if they will supply one of these $.50 from radioshack resistor for testing. Then they ignore your emails.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by joshmac4.6
Well I have one, bought it for the sound, and have installed a couple in buddies trucks. I can't explain why, but when all the trucks went to the drag strip they each picked up .1 sec from the last time. And I know that air quality, temp, humidity, track conditions, and what ever you can think of to argue back could be a diff. of .1 sec. But ever since then the trucks have held that .1 sec faster. I have worked on Nascar engines, and spent many hours in a Flowbench, and no swirl pattern from the carb. right to the valve stem never picked up any cfm, the only thing that would possibly help would be the 1" of additional plenum volume. But hey, at least I'm not trying to prove the tornado/turbonator worked, b/c I will tell you that I personally saw a loss of air flow, and the air was "dirty"(turbulent) around the fins causing erratic air flow. I love to hassle the people who sell the "chips" on ebay for $15 or less. I'm a Ford Fact Grad, have 80% of Ford's credentials for a Mastertech, so I have a pretty good knowledge of Ford. Anyway, they sell a resistor you put in your IAT sensor to "trick" it into running richer, which the IAT has so little effect on fuel corrections, once the pcm sees that the o2's read consistenly rich, it just "overlooks" the IAT and pulls info elsewhere. The sellers will argue with you until no end about it actually working, until you tell them you are wanting there product to do dyno testing, and will post there results on their websites if they will supply one of these $.50 from radioshack resistor for testing. Then they ignore your emails.
I have written to a few of them asking to see their Dyno spread sheets too after a few emails. once you ask for that, mysteriously you never hear from them again. THanks for your input on the spacer.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I remember when I wanted a tb spacer...the want did not last long after joining this site.
X2

Old 02-24-2008, 03:40 AM
not worth it except it sounds like a turbo

Quick Reply: Tb Spacer