anyone change there cats on a 05 and newer yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
When i get home for summer Im getting high flows, should be a nice change since i have the crappy 4 factory ones.
Yeh I bet it will.For some reason,I think these bigger 2 cats quiet it down more then the 4 little ones.Its a lot quieter then my 99 was with the same setup and same motor.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chapdog
Yeh I bet it will.For some reason,I think these bigger 2 cats quiet it down more then the 4 little ones.Its a lot quieter then my 99 was with the same setup and same motor.
Possibly. Im having my Roush Offroad Muffler welded in this week and i think im going to have them cut out the back 2 cats since the 02 sensors are in front of them. Hopefully it will add some sound and free up some torque.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Possibly. Im having my Roush Offroad Muffler welded in this week and i think im going to have them cut out the back 2 cats since the 02 sensors are in front of them. Hopefully it will add some sound and free up some torque.
I'm jealous,I wish I could do that too.I would have looked for an 04 if I'd known about it before hand.The O2 sensor goes right into the cats on mine.

Quick Reply: anyone change there cats on a 05 and newer yet?