JBA Headers and Catback Audio/Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was trolling around in the exhaust forums and one of the members mentioned that he saw an advertisement on JBA's website asking for a mock-up vehicle for the new body f150's. They were right here in my backyard, and I had already been looking at getting some work done, so I emailed them and then met them at the production factory. I made a deal with the R & D manager for a set of first-runs and let them borrow my truck for the day - I asked him about getting them installed and maybe getting a catback too and he said they would give me a break off of labor and cost for the exhaust. About two months later, I got a call from the marketing manager. He asked if I'd be willing to have the speed shop install everything for free - as long as I gave rights to a magazine. I said HELL YES. So I paid a little extra for their premium ceramic coating and the SIDO upgrade. That was about two years ago. To this day, I still get excited to drive my truck!

Old 02-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Oh wow, thats awesome and I didn't realize this was 2 years ago. And it still feels good huh ? Hmm... maybe I will go this route. Something to chew on, I have awhile. Thanks for the info

Old 02-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey mercedes you can get LT's and some maggy High flow Cats and a maggy muffler or what ever muffler you want and you should pass all tests. The collectors have a o2 bung in them then just put the maggys on and put your Rear o2s behide the cats. then run it to the back of your truck. I would hate to live in Commiefornia. To many rules!! i like it in michigan even thoe the states going to hell in a hand basket!! Good luck Mercedes love ur truck Those are some SWEET tires. and i love that lil Video of that kid hahaha

Old 02-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by shifty_85
i love that lil Video of that kid hahaha

Now that is funny right there!!

Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey mercedes you can get LT's and some maggy High flow Cats and a maggy muffler or what ever muffler you want and you should pass all tests. The collectors have a o2 bung in them then just put the maggys on and put your Rear o2s behide the cats. then run it to the back of your truck. I would hate to live in Commiefornia. To many rules!! i like it in michigan even thoe the states going to hell in a hand basket!! Good luck Mercedes love ur truck Those are some SWEET tires. and i love that lil Video of that kid hahaha
Thats good to know. I will have to talk to Dan, our local performance guy. I figured I would be fine, but ya never know.

And thanks for the compliments man, makes my day.

ya, that kid makes me laugh everytime I see one of my posts. Good stuff. (thanks c0ckac0la!)

Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
yeah no probs its nice living in michigan no rules because the state doesnt have any money to pay people to check the cars hahaha. But good luck with that i hope you can throw some LT's on there it makes it sound 100X's better i put pacesetter LT's Jegs cut-outs and Dynomax bullets 3" pipe dumped true duals *yeah people say i lose TQ* But when i took off from a light with my 2.5" exhuast with shorties and dynomax super turbos it would just chreep and now when i floor it at a light the tires spin for a good 15-20 feet before they grab Dunlap radial Rovers 265/70/R16 *the 4WD tire even thoe i got 2WD* But good luck with that oh here is my dyno sheet of the shorties when i get some more money im going back to get my numbers after Longtube headers... i didnt do a base line with stock manifolds and muffler.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4.6L Longtube Question

I recently replaced my exhaust system. I have the JBA Single in Single out setup. My cats are after market. Will I have to remove or replace them when I install the long tube headers?
Thanks

Last edited by malexander52; 02-26-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:49 PM
you will have to take them off and put them right after the collector on your Long tubes. My pacesetters are 3" Slip fit. check what size the collector is and if it is Slip fit or 3 bolt flange and what size pipe it is.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:12 PM
you will have to take them off and put them right after the collector on your Long tubes. My pacesetters are 3" Slip fit. check what size the collector is and if it is Slip fit or 3 bolt flange and what size pipe it is.
Right. You can just cut down the extension portion of the tube and re-weld to length. Simple enough.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la
You're just full of all sorts of opinions aren't you? Anything to substantiate that claim?

Headers are part of the exhaust system
actually no im not. i dyno'd b4 and after shorties, and gained nothing anywhere. No i do not have the charts, yes I Like what you did, and congrats for the article. im out

Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la
I posted audio so that people could get an answer to the threads they have been starting. I get flamed?

i never said you were in the wrong.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by scottbigred
i never said you were in the wrong.
Thanks Scott!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks

Thanks shifty and ****acola

Old 02-27-2008, 04:11 PM
No probs good luck with the LT's ull love them i love mine!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by malexander52
Thanks shifty and ****acola
ahahahahahahaaha

Quick Reply: JBA Headers and Catback Audio/Video