Looking for new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008 | 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by mclem864
I have an 07 f170 with the 5.4L V8. I am looking to buy a new exhaust and am leaning toward the flowmaster. Any suggestions on what series would sound best? Thanks...
Figured I would give you some insight. I had a Flowmaster Super 40 series installed yesterday. If you're looking for big sound as a priority, plus fairly low cost, you'll like this one. For me, I'm leaning towards being dissapointed, and I'll tell you why. First, nobody told me about the drone issue with the Super 40. Right at 65 mph on the hwy, the system is too loud. Every other time, it is great. It's weird too, at 55 mph, sounds good. 65 mph, too loud. 70 mph, sounds good again. Oh well. Plus, I did feel like I may have lost some torque.

In short, now I feel like I should have spent the extra $250 and went with a Magnaflow. Better performance and fuel economy. I'm only one man though. Many people LOVE their Flowmasters. Sound is what Flowmaster does best. Flow and performance...not so much.

Old 04-02-2008 | 08:45 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Stealth
I love my Roush Off Road exhaust. Best sounding exhaust on the road.
+1 on the roush off road exhaust it does not get much better then that. I have only had mine on for 2 weeks. I have recieved more compliments in that time frame on my truck then I have the entire time I owned it. Truely a great system.

Quick Reply: Looking for new exhaust