removed my exhaust - look what I found!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008 | 12:01 PM
Mine didn't have it either... how close did you look at the hanger? Are you sure that clip started on the bar, or was it molded into the rubber grommet and all your tugging ripped it out of the middle of the rubber?

Just a thought... its hard to tell from the picture.

Mine was also extremely difficult to get off, but spraying with silicone and pounding on the one that stuck got them to slide out without taking the rubber grommets down... I was worried about twisting off the screws that hold them.

You'll like the Corsa... and its even more satisfying knowing you installed it yourself!

Old 03-17-2008 | 12:10 PM
|
The clip was there the whole time. If I had pushed it out it would have ended up on the other side of the hanger bracket.

The Corsa is a little too loud when it's cold, but it's just about perfect after it warms up.

Old 03-17-2008 | 12:28 PM
interesting... I wonder if they got a batch of hangers that were "too loose" and they added the clip on as a safety item to prevent the muffler from falling off. Thats the only thing I can think of as to why it would only be on a limited set of trucks.

As to the likelyhood of my work-around theory... I work for an automotive supplier and if you are going to shut down the vehicle production line, you do whatever it takes to fix the issue in a safe way. And by 051fdrof's description... there definitely wasn't a chance of the muffler falling off!

ya... there's a definite difference when you start up the truck on a cold morning. I don't mind it though... if anything, I think my exhaust could be a little louder - but I'm sure that would lead to drone at highway speeds so I'm happy with it as-is.

Old 03-17-2008 | 08:34 PM
My 06 SCrew with teh 5.5 bed did not have the clip but my 08 SCrew with the 6.5 bed did.

I had the same twist problem as earlier poster. my 06 I just twisted back and forth till it came off, but on my 08 I had to twist and then pound off because of a little locking tab that was not on the 06.

Old 03-17-2008 | 08:53 PM
Truck of the Month
My 05 crew had the locking pin. I had to twist and beat the exhaust off as well.

Quick Reply: removed my exhaust - look what I found!