magnaflow di/do

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008 | 01:08 PM
|
Question magnaflow di/do

i went to my local muffler shop the other day to get some exhaust obviously, and i had decided to get a magnaflow and was going to go with a si/di but the only one he stocks is a di/do. so my question is if any one has any experience with this muffler and what they think? also he is charging $400 does that sound like a good price?

Old 03-22-2008 | 01:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor
That's a great price...

I think di/do's will sound better than the average si/do... But my fav's are si/so on both banks for a true dual setup.

Old 03-22-2008 | 05:26 PM
If you're not planning on eliminating the strock Y-pipe after the headers that makes it a single ehxaust and making the truck a true dual then the DI/DO is kind of a waste as they will have to run a second Y-pipe from the stock single to go into the Dual In - So it's easier and less parts to just run the SI/DO - Where the DI/DO makes it's gains are in the true dual setting as the muffler already contains a built in X-pipe eliminating the need for a seperate one. Check Magnaflow's website for a link to where you can buy online, there is a place called "Best Magnaflow prices" or something like that where you can get either the SI/DO or DI/DO for about $110 shipped to your door. Pick the corresponding tips, take them to your shop and you're in...

Old 03-22-2008 | 08:58 PM
|
Originally Posted by 7lug
If you're not planning on eliminating the strock Y-pipe after the headers that makes it a single ehxaust and making the truck a true dual then the DI/DO is kind of a waste as they will have to run a second Y-pipe from the stock single to go into the Dual In - So it's easier and less parts to just run the SI/DO
if i remember correctly the y-pipe is cut off to make it a dual set up

Old 03-22-2008 | 09:50 PM
Order your muffler from performancepeddler.com and then take it to the guy and have him put it on. If you call performancepeddler tell them that you are a member to f150online and they will discount the part for you. Here is the muffler I put on mine. click below

magnaflow 12198

Old 03-23-2008 | 09:02 AM
Magnaflow Y with si/so

I'm going from my 2.5" single into a mag Y pipe spliting into two mag XL 2" then out the side (before wheel) thru 2, 3.5" angle cut tips.
I chose the size of my mufflers using my other vehicle as a guide, which is a 1998 Lincoln mark Viii 4.6 DOHC. It runs a pair of 1 3/4"? ID muflers stock, and that car has 280 hp. I know it would love a pair of 2" as well as a cat back.
For me going to a pair of 2 1/4" I think would be too loud,I have had big pipes before and loud mufflers. My Expedition 5.4 has a 2.5" SI/SO magnaflow 27" case muffler, side exit pipes and it's louder than expected. I want stealth now!!!

By the way, my F150 4.6 SOHC is going by-by, to install an Aviator 2004 4.6 DOHC.

Lowflyingbird

Quick Reply: magnaflow di/do