Need help making decision on CAI

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008 | 07:02 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by JRM03
Alon, I don't see any AF1's for an 08 4.6.....as well, the S&B is a closed system, doesn't this hinder performance, nice setup, just seems pointless.
Thanks for the response Tex. Sounds like we have the same situation. Thanks for the replies to this thread.
Just got off the phone with AF1 and the 4.6 intakes are in the final stages of testing and will be available in the next few weeks.

The S&B is more closed than AF1 but it is not sealed or anything, just not as restrictive as stock.

Both kits are very high quality and both have their +'s and -'s

Old 03-24-2008 | 07:09 PM

I been through this with the 4.6
Do the K&N CAI and a SCT TUNER with a CORSA EXHAUST.

On the DYNO the CAI made 6 RWHP and with the TUNE and EXHAUST it made an additional 22 RWHP.. Better throttle response and also 2 MPG better...

Now I know opinions are like A HOLES but just my 2 cents..

Old 03-24-2008 | 07:32 PM
|
For one reason or another I am trying to talk myself out of the K&N due to the fact that it is very seldomn ever talked about. Thanks for the input Mark. I'd go for a Air Force 1 but they are still working on them, as Alon stated previously. Found the K&N for 250 with free shipping which isn't bad from what I have seen. I'm leaning towards a CAI right now, and within a few months getting a tuner.

Quick Reply: Need help making decision on CAI