Expedition Long tubes?????Which ones.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008 | 11:09 PM
|
Expedition Long tubes?????Which ones.

Ok I need help i have seen the 3 brands there are for long tube headers. I am leaning toward the pacesetters but dont know if the headers for the f150 fit the expedition. Can you guys help and give part numbers if possible. I have a 2002 expo with a 5.4l 2wd. Also I need a set up with cats. Its either pacesetter or obx the dynatechs are too expensive for me. Thank.

Old 03-25-2008 | 08:33 AM
they will fit, my vote, dynatech!

Old 03-25-2008 | 06:39 PM
esf
I just put the OBX headers on my truck. I used two #94306 Magnaflow cats as Troyer recommends to replace the stock four. Sine you said it's two wheel drive, you shouldn't have a problem running the Harley/Lightning version of the OBXs. The headers are the same just the mid pipes are different. The Harley/Lightning mid pipes don't merge. They stay seperate and you can use a Magnaflow Y-pipe (#10778). I like that idea better than the 4wd mid pipes that go from dual 2.5 inch pipes into a single 2.5 inch pipe.

Old 03-25-2008 | 06:58 PM
Yeah, I have an expedition and I just ordered my OBX today! I can get them for cheaper than ebay (email me if interested). I will reveal how my install goes once I get everything together for the job.

Old 03-25-2008 | 07:04 PM
|
are those cats obdII compliant?

Old 03-26-2008 | 05:20 PM
esf
Originally Posted by bajabugn66
are those cats obdII compliant?
Yes. And they (94306) even come with their own C.A.R.B. emissions certification stickers. Just make sure your O2 sensors before and after the cats are working and you're good to go. When you swap the cats in for the resonators, make sure to get those O2 bungs put in. If you go with the OBX kit, there are two O2 bungs on each resonator and one on each mid pipe. You don't need the second one on the resonator. You only need one before and one after the cat. You'll have to plug the extra ones otherwise.

Old 03-26-2008 | 07:41 PM
|
where do you get those from and did you put thwm on yourself?

Old 03-26-2008 | 09:51 PM
esf
I got them from Troyer. I actually linked you in my last post. I did install them myself. What I did though, was take resonator and cut the short piece of pipe off before the resonator, the part that flares out. That is 2.5" outer diameter and the cats are 2.5" inner diameter so the flared part fits snug inside the cat, and then I just had it welded on so that the cat bolts up the same way the resonator would. Only problem is the cats are much longer, so you're going to need access to a chop saw or sawzall and a vice so that you can cut the mid pipes to the proper length. However, band clamps will not fit on properly because of the bends being so close to the joint. Horseshoe clamps are junk so I suggest getting it welded so it doesn't leak. I did install them myself. I also ordered stainless O2 bungs from my local A&A Auto for like $4 a bung and had them welded in when I had the flared pipe welded in.

Old 03-26-2008 | 10:23 PM
|
what do you think about the 59956 Magnaflow cats i saw in another post where he cut enough to use the bungs in the obx pipe?

Old 03-27-2008 | 06:32 PM
esf
Originally Posted by bajabugn66
what do you think about the 59956 Magnaflow cats i saw in another post where he cut enough to use the bungs in the obx pipe?
There is actually another thread right now about these. They seem to be relatively new and not many people it seems have run them. The OP of this thread said Neil from Troyer Performance said they weren't good cats. The person you're talking about that used them is 01Roush. But he hasn't had them on long enough to know whether the guy from Troyer is right or not. If it was me, I'd probably trust what the guys at Troyer say. If they didn't sell Magnaflow, then I would probably take what they say with a grain of salt, but they sell and recommend Magnaflow, just apparently not the 59956.

Quick Reply: Expedition Long tubes?????Which ones.