Help! Roush Offroad Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008 | 10:46 PM
|
Help! Roush Offroad Exhaust

Right now I have true dual maggies....Can you buy the Roush Offroad mufflers only? Ive looked around on the net and all i can find is the full kits with single in and dual out...I would need two SISO mufflers.? OR I could go back to SIDO...Im not sure about what to do. Is there any advantages to having the true dual vs SIDO? Also, is the roush offroad really that loud....?Sorry for all the questions!!

Old 03-26-2008 | 11:28 PM
hey big,

the roush is made by borla so You can run a Borla Type S muffler which is very similar as it it also a 10" muffler, you wont be able to buy just the roush muffler ( wow i said muffler alot ) anyway the roush really isn't all that loud but has a great rumble to it. it was the best purchase i made for my truck and will never regret it. here are some of my videos

Cold start Rev.

Launch at WOT

In cab windows down WOT

Hope that helps And maybe someone elses will chime in regarding your other questions

Old 03-27-2008 | 03:20 PM
(Wilson & Son muffler shop: Red, Kitty, Bob, Donna and Eric walk up to shop, The whole shop is spray painted mainly with big splotches from the words “L-E-R” covered and a red line that goes up and down across the shop)

Red:
(mad) What the hell?!

(Camera view of a poster that reads “Neighbors complaining about your Muff” red spray covering the rest, 2nd poster reads “Nobody likes a loud Muff, red covering the rest, 3rd poster reads “Muff inspection while you wait” the rest covered in green spray)

Eric:
(pretend shock) “What the hell?” is right . . . . . who would do such an irresponsible and . . . ironic thing?

Donna:
Certainly not anyone I would want to make out with (lowers voice/to Eric) I mean the opposite of that (Eric shakes head)

(Bob looking at “Nobody likes a loud Muff” sign)

Bob:
Okay, you gotta admit it, this was pretty funny (laughs and turns/Kitty and Red look at him) I’m sorry, I love word play

Old 03-27-2008 | 03:23 PM

Kitty:
(to Red) I don’t get it . . . . . what’s so funny about a muff?

(Red rolls his eyes, Donna and Eric look down)

Red:
Kitty . . . . (puts his hands up to stop her)

Kitty:
I mean, muffs aren’t funny . . . . I have a beautiful grey one that I have been using for years

(Donna puts fist by her mouth, Eric holds nasal part of nose)

Red:
For the love of God . . . . . please

Old 03-27-2008 | 03:24 PM

Kitty:
Just tell me what’s so funny about my M--

Red:
--Nothing! (holds hands out) nothing is funny!

Sorry guys, I had to. If any of you watch That 70's show I hope you appreciated this little recreation

- NCSU

Old 03-27-2008 | 04:06 PM
Snap,crackle and pop

Old 03-27-2008 | 08:03 PM
|
Thats what i am missing with my maggies. They sound great when i get after it, but other then that its kinda mello. I dont want to be totally obnoxious with it. I just want to drive down the road and be able to tell I have exhaust.

Old 03-27-2008 | 09:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
Thats what i am missing with my maggies. They sound great when i get after it, but other then that its kinda mello. I dont want to be totally obnoxious with it. I just want to drive down the road and be able to tell I have exhaust.
Get a Flowmaster.

Old 03-27-2008 | 09:50 PM
|
Ive already had 40 series SIDO Flowmasters...It sounded pretty good, just not exactly what i was looking for. Also a great price.

Old 03-27-2008 | 10:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

You could always replace your maggies with dynomax bullets. Same deep tone just much more sound output, and you WILL hear it when you're just driving around.

Quick Reply: Help! Roush Offroad Exhaust