Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only for 97-03 model F-150's.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
I did mine simpler then the gotts steps, and will be redoing it further soon. But yes i would recommend it!

Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
thanks for the info

Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nandomart: Do NOT mess with your intake. The newer trucks (04-present) can run lean directly from the factory, putting on an untested intake could increase the problem.

If you want an intake for your truck go with a 3.0" AirForceOne or Airraid. These have been tested on the 2004+ trucks and will not cause a lean condition.

- NCSU

Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
nandomart: Do NOT mess with your intake. The newer trucks (04-present) can run lean directly from the factory, putting on an untested intake could increase the problem.
The truck will still run on the MAF system, so the computer will be able to adjust for the difference.

If they are running lean from the factory, its a tuning issue, not an intake issue

Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
The truck will still run on the MAF system, so the computer will be able to adjust for the difference.

If they are running lean from the factory, its a tuning issue, not an intake issue
Lean from the factory+more air from an inatke mod=even leaner. To the OP the gotts intake was designed ONLY FOR THE 97-03 F-150's. So It is NOT advised for 04 and up trucks.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 04 with 4.6L.......Removed the 2inch silencer. Replaced with the 3 1/2 inch coupler directly to the fender inlet. Perfect fit.

Ran much better with it setup this way, so much so that I bought/installed a K&N drop in replacement element the next day. K&N flows about 880cfm vs 500-550 stock paper type....

Wide Open Throttle from 45 mph-95-100mph is greatly improved and the engine really sounds more powerfull from the intake and exhaust sound..(Bassani universal muffler also....

Old 03-28-2008, 01:20 PM
get a programmer....take care of that "lean" condition caused by the intake if it happens

Old 03-28-2008, 02:04 PM
so the gotts would be ok on these trucks as well. I mean if you look at the setup of a lets say 2003 and a 08 the stock ones look similiar. if thats the case then it should work as well. I plan on keeping the truck as stock as possible since it is a limited. the only thing that i would like would be the gotts mod and a tuner. any other recommendations.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by nandomart
so the gotts would be ok on these trucks as well. I mean if you look at the setup of a lets say 2003 and a 08 the stock ones look similiar. if thats the case then it should work as well. I plan on keeping the truck as stock as possible since it is a limited. the only thing that i would like would be the gotts mod and a tuner. any other recommendations.
Did you read any of mine or NCSU's posts?? We wouldn't lie or bullsh^t you. Get a Good intake, or a drop in plus the airraid MIT.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Its a different MAF design between the two trucks.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you serious? You think that because they "look similar" they must be the same (even though one has a newly redesigned engine)? The answer is still NO! The 'gotts' intake is for trucks built before 2004. You'll notice everyone that says they've done that mod has a truck thats at least a 2003 or older.

On top of all that, you're thinking of putting a do-it-yourself intake on one of the most expensive F-150s available? You cheap bastard! Dig a little deeper and I'm sure you'll find the extra couple hundred dollars for a real intake that won't damage your engine.

You do know that custom tune will run you a couple hundred bucks as well?

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 03-28-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Ok lets calm down here man....If you are calling me a cheap bastard because i would like to maintain my truck as stock as possible then that really isnt fair. I will be alittle more grown up than you and limit the name calling. But lets say i was trying to go the cheapest route......would that make someone that has the gotts mod on their 97 - 03 lariat or king ranch a cheap bastard. I ask questions cause i obviously dont know and would like your input. I have asked a few questions on a few posts and have been "flamed" by some of you guys. I am on this forum everyday and i read though alot of these posts. Like the saying knowledge is power. Im not here to arque or disagree with someone that knows more than me i am here to ask and learn. I know how to use the search button and i have which led me to the gotts...my last response was based on what strk by said. I never have thought that you guys would lie to me or bull**** me. Now if you really dont like my questions please refrain yourself from answering as im sure there is another guy like me out there wanting to learn that you can insult

Old 03-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Are you serious? You think that because they "look similar" they must be the same (even though one has a newly redesigned engine)? The answer is still NO! The 'gotts' intake is for trucks built before 2004. You'll notice everyone that says they've done that mod has a truck thats at least a 2003 or older.

On top of all that, you're thinking of putting a do-it-yourself intake on one of the most expensive F-150s available? You cheap bastard!. Dig a little deeper and I'm sure you'll find the extra couple hundred dollars for a real intake that won't damange your engine.

You do know that custom tune will run you a couple hundred bucks as well?

- NCSU

NCSU telling it like it is

Quick Reply: Gotts Intake mod