ModBargains.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008 | 08:20 PM
|
Thumbs up ModBargains.com + S&B Intake

Excellent service, great pricing, and an all around good experience!

I just wanted to again say thanks to Alon for all of his help. I started to look for an intake for my F150, not knowing much about the different prefered intakes, and Alon was able to help me out with everything.

I've only had the intake on for a couple of hours, and I'm already pleased with it's results! The previous owner of my truck put an aftermarket exhaust on the truck, but kept the intake when he traded it in... this left me with a stock intake, and an aftermarket exhaust... while the truck ran just fine, it was noticable to me that it wasn't quite "right."

with the S&B Intake installed, the truck has full life, as it should! it used to somewhat hesitate when i'd floor it... now, the truck loves it! it responds immediately! shifting is as smooth as can be... i feel much better knowing that the truck is able to breathe again as it wants.

as for the quality of the intake itself... i really like it's design. S&B managed to utilize the F150's stock fender air inlet, as well as added it's own air inlet behind the headlight. the massive filter is of great quality as well, and designed to recieve the air from both inlets. having a sealed box is reassurring as well since it seems like they've done a great job keeping the intake from sucking in the engines hot air. Aside from the intake itself, the install directions were very easy to read... the pictures were crystal clear and helped out a lot. I could have installed this thing blind folded it was so easy (alright maybe not). The entire install took me no more than 45 minutes.... I'm in no way mechanically skilled either, lol. I can change oil, and that's it.

here's a few pics for the hell of it.

This pic shows the stock intake on my truck... it was bulky, wierd looking, and sucked at sucking, lol.

And here's a pic of the S&B Intake installed..

Here's one last pic of the intake from a better angle..

If the weekend is nice, I plan on giving the truck a long over-due wax job... while I'm at it, I'll be cleaning the engine bay as well.

THEN I will finally get some pictures of the F150.. It's hard to believe I've owned the truck for 8 months and don't have any pictures of it.

Last edited by Strider0O0; 04-04-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Wanted to Clarify the threat title
Old 03-31-2008 | 08:21 PM
|
hmm.. don't know why the pics aren't visible... i used the IMG tags.. oh well.

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:03 PM
looks nice! how loud is it?

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by SP217
looks nice! how loud is it?
not really loud at all, as far as i can tell. i've read threads on here that mention a drone.... i'm not sure if i lucked out and don't have it, or if my exhaust is too loud for me to actually hear it, lol. either way... at idle, i hear nothing... while driving... i hear exhaust... at WOT, all hell breaks loose and you hear a lot of everything, lol.

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:09 PM
Suspended
Looks good, really cleaned up the engine compartment. Glad to hear everything worked out so well, The S&B is a great intake

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:16 PM
nice strider! what a huge diffrence just in looks, between the stock and S&B.

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:19 PM
|
thanks guys...

and yeah... the visual difference alone is great... the stock intake looked like someone took an accordian, combined it with an oversized waffle maker, bent the hell out of it, and then stuck it on the truck, lol.

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:49 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Strider0O0
thanks guys...

and yeah... the visual difference alone is great... the stock intake looked like someone took an accordian, combined it with an oversized waffle maker, bent the hell out of it, and then stuck it on the truck, lol.
Never thought of it like that....but it makes sense...lol

Glad you like it so much, and let us know how it does in the long run!