xcal 2 and xcal 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xcal 2 and xcal 3

i was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is any major diffrences between the xcal 2 and the xcal 3? i really wanna get custom tunes but dont really have $450 to spend and i noticed people selling the xcal 2 for a lot cheaper. i tried to read about them but everytime my ADD kicks in and i cant read 2 product description and then try to compare them. i start forgettin crap.
thanks

Old 04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Question

really? 30 people looked at this and no one knows anything?

Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Suspended
Just my humble opinion. Why would you want to buy used software for your truck? With something that serious, would you not want it new and in the "Box?"

I have no idea what the differences are. I have the Xcal3 with custom tunes from Troyer Performance. Waited 11 weeks for it, and am fairly pleased with the overall effectiveness. Canned tunes? Not that impressed. Get custom from someone. Troyer, VMP... Don't **** your money away on used equipment.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Just my humble opinion. Why would you want to buy used software for your truck? With something that serious, would you not want it new and in the "Box?"

I have no idea what the differences are. I have the Xcal3 with custom tunes from Troyer Performance. Waited 11 weeks for it, and am fairly pleased with the overall effectiveness. Canned tunes? Not that impressed. Get custom from someone. Troyer, VMP... Don't **** your money away on used equipment.
X2-buy yourself a new unit. If you buy used you still have to get it tuned and programmed for your truck anyways, so the money you pay for used tuner plus the money to reprogram it, plus shipping=just buy a new unit in the box. You know its not locked and you know it will be good.

As far as differances between 2 and 3, I THINK 3 has better software and computer capabilites for tunes, upgrading, dataloggin and all that stuff. Check Troyer Performance website, you should be able to find some info there

Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Canned tunes? Not that impressed
pretty sure i covered that withe the "i really wanna get custom tunes but dont really have $450 to spend" and i never said i was gonna use canned tunes. in fact i never said anything anywhere in that post about canned tunes.

Originally Posted by 2006M50B
X2-buy yourself a new unit. If you buy used you still have to get it tuned and programmed for your truck anyways, so the money you pay for used tuner plus the money to reprogram it, plus shipping=just buy a new unit in the box. You know its not locked and you know it will be good.
im not tring to be a jerk or anything 2006M50B, i appreciate the help, but the pricing i did it would be cheaper to get a x2 and get it re-programed than to buy the x3. maybe not to all you guys out there with money to **** away, but some of us need that extra $150 or so.

Originally Posted by 2006M50B
Check Troyer Performance website, you should be able to find some info there
i did that "but everytime my ADD kicks in and i cant read 2 product description and then try to compare them. i start forgettin crap."
and i see the x2 for sale NEW at the same price as the x3. thats y i was wonderin the difference.

o and i realize i posted this in the wrong section... still kinda new here
illl try the chips, tuners section

Quick Reply: xcal 2 and xcal 3