Roush off road exhaust....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FX4Screwdude
I like the roush system, the problem I can see with it is that I occasionally tow a trailer and with the rear exit its just going to sound ridiculous. So im looking for something with rear exit but off to the sides. Is there such a thing?
Yes, Roush makes their offroad in a side exit http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=556

I think both the rear and side exit systems look and sound great! I went with the rear exit because living in Minnesota I park in the garage during winter. The rear exit helps direct the spent fumes out of the garage during warmup. The side exit should work for your truck if pulling a trailer is common.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Does the roush off road still pass emissions???

Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JvtecDrsxM
Does the roush off road still pass emissions???
Yes, it's just a cat back.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:40 AM
ohhh ok thanks

Old 06-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by FX4Screwdude
I like the roush system, the problem I can see with it is that I occasionally tow a trailer and with the rear exit its just going to sound ridiculous. So im looking for something with rear exit but off to the sides. Is there such a thing?
Roush side exit is only out one side... so far. I assume if you are talking rear exit duals, so you'd want side exits (both sides). That takes you to MBRP. Do a search. I've run 5 or 6 diesel MBRP's and loved them. Fit and finish is second to none. I have their dual side exit behind tires being shipped to me as we speak. I can hardly wait!

Do a search and see what the others on here say about it. I had the Roush Off Road on my 2007 F-150 and loved it (it replaced a problematic Magnaflow system... Maggie was good to me, though). I didn't want those Roush Off Road rear pipes beating on my travel trailer, otherwise I'd have gotten the O/R again. I do predict, however, that the MBRP will become the #1 boxed exhaust on this board before long as the Roush has seemed to do in the last year or so. Magnaflow dropped their system for the Screws with the 6-1/2 foot bed after they had some fitment issues. That said, had Maggie reworked their system for the 6-1/2 foot screw and offered it in a side exit, I'd be looking there too again. It did sound good, too.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 PM
roush exhaust

hello people, i love the sound but not the look. can the pipes be modified to exit one behind each tire that would be great for what i,m looking for thanks for any help out there

Old 06-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by BLUE ON BLACK
hello people, i love the sound but not the look. can the pipes be modified to exit one behind each tire that would be great for what i,m looking for thanks for any help out there
Take it to the muffler shop and tell them to bend it behind the tires. Shouldnt cost more then 30 bucks.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah you can buy the cat-back and have it done however you want. I was gonna buy the catback and have Magnaflow tips put on 45'd behind tires.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Take it to the muffler shop and tell them to bend it behind the tires. Shouldnt cost more then 30 bucks.
Will they (the shop) be able to bend the exhaust when it is installed? Or would they have to do it before installation?

Also, is there any welding involved in the installation? And what tools would I need to take off the stock exhaust and install the Roush Off-Road? Thanks!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by selvig15
Will they (the shop) be able to bend the exhaust when it is installed? Or would they have to do it before installation?

Also, is there any welding involved in the installation? And what tools would I need to take off the stock exhaust and install the Roush Off-Road? Thanks!
They cannot bend pipes when the pipes are installed, they need them off to put in the bender. The kit comes meant to be clamped, you can weld it all together if you wish to though.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
They cannot bend pipes when the pipes are installed, they need them off to put in the bender. The kit comes meant to be clamped, you can weld it all together if you wish to though.
Ok, good to know. I am planning on getting the Roush Off-Road rear exit, and I would like to have it 45'd behind the tires.

Your exhaust sounds great by the way!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Guess I will be somewhat of a devils advocate. I do like how the Roush exhaust has no drone, but the sound is kinda weak in my opinion. My buddy has some series of Flowmaster and it is at least twice as loud. Its a little quiet.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by tequilajohnson
Guess I will be somewhat of a devils advocate. I do like how the Roush exhaust has no drone, but the sound is kinda weak in my opinion. My buddy has some series of Flowmaster and it is at least twice as loud. Its a little quiet.
The Roush Off Road I agree is pretty quiet out of the box. However, when you add hi flow cats to the mix, its a whole new animal! It sounds mean and extremely agressive all the time, even at idle. Still no drone either

Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by TJ05FX4
The Roush Off Road I agree is pretty quiet out of the box. However, when you add hi flow cats to the mix, its a whole new animal! It sounds mean and extremely agressive all the time, even at idle. Still no drone either
Do you have a vid of your setup? I don't think I have heard the ROR with hi flows. Also, I have a 2004 with 4 cats, will that make a big difference in the sound compared to the newer trucks with only 2 cats? Thanks

Old 07-29-2009, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Smokewagun
I do predict, however, that the MBRP will become the #1 boxed exhaust on this board before long as the Roush has seemed to do in the last year or so. Magnaflow dropped their system for the Screws with the 6-1/2 foot bed after they had some fitment issues. That said, had Maggie reworked their system for the 6-1/2 foot screw and offered it in a side exit, I'd be looking there too again. It did sound good, too.
Seems everyone puts on Magnaflows on this forum. After hearing Jesses truck I put on the MBRP, also. Sounds awesome, IMO.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...nt=MBRP001.flv

Quick Reply: Roush off road exhaust....