Finally, Deleted rear cats!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joshmac4.6
Sounds good, but think mine is still louder
Not sure, your before tire sure gives you a hell of an advantage, and your smaller pre-cats. Its pretty close. If anything well mines louder on the left side

Originally Posted by efuehrin
Now either ship those cats to me....or take them to a salvage yard and collect your money. They should be worth about 30 each or 60 each. I can't remember if the fronts are worth more or the backs.
lol. My friend who scraps said I will most likely get $75 each for them, so I'll be doing that soon. Not sure on that one, but my rear cats are pretty big and heavy, and got platnum in them, so it should be a good hunk of change.

So you have true dual Super 44s? I never heard an F150 with that setup, do you have a video available? I would really like to hear it!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Not sure, your before tire sure gives you a hell of an advantage, and your smaller pre-cats. Its pretty close. If anything well mines louder on the left side

lol. My friend who scraps said I will most likely get $75 each for them, so I'll be doing that soon. Not sure on that one, but my rear cats are pretty big and heavy, and got platnum in them, so it should be a good hunk of change.

So you have true dual Super 44s? I never heard an F150 with that setup, do you have a video available? I would really like to hear it!
No right now I have a dual in dual out 40 series dumped.

Eventually I am going to get headers then do the true dual super 44s. At least that's the plan for now.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:43 AM

No right now I have a dual in dual out 40 series dumped.

Eventually I am going to get headers then do the true dual super 44s. At least that's the plan for now.
oh alright. I didn't fully read it was under "Wishlist" Just saw it & thought awesome. Sounds like a good plan though.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:46 AM

ya I wish it wasn't a wish list! The headers may come next year sometime but the supercharger is a long term wish.

I just blew a bunch of money on the wheels, 38's and 3" body lift. Still in the process of getting the tires

Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM

ya I wish it wasn't a wish list! The headers may come next year sometime but the supercharger is a long term wish.

I just blew a bunch of money on the wheels, 38's and 3" body lift. Still in the process of getting the tires
Well the wait is worth it in the long run. Gives you time to do more research and plan ahead if anything

Old 08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Sounds awesome!

Old 08-25-2008, 07:09 PM

Well i've driven about 60 some miles since we pulled the rears out. Oh man I absolutely love it!!! Start ups in parking lots, its got such a deep loud growl, that fades to a deep toned pop, then a smooth clear deep idle. Accelerations from a stop echo through the areas nicely, with that deep rich Magnaflow tone, with alot more aggression than it had before, aaaannnddd, coasting down a hill that started leveling out, I heard the downshift! I can hear it much more inside now, its not annoying, it sounds perfect. The right amount of resonance! And no CEL. Glad I did this.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 PM
sounds dang good man! alot deeper. have you noticed any gains/drops in hp or mpg? man i can't wait till i get around to doing this..

Old 08-25-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by cotedog03
sounds dang good man! alot deeper. have you noticed any gains/drops in hp or mpg? man i can't wait till i get around to doing this..
Thanks man. No loss what so ever, cant exactly say I feel an increase, but there is supposed to be a minor torque increase by doing this. Doing a gas mileage check now, I filled up today and we'll find out soon.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Get us an in-cab video!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Well i've driven about 60 some miles since we pulled the rears out. Oh man I absolutely love it!!! Start ups in parking lots, its got such a deep loud growl, that fades to a deep toned pop, then a smooth clear deep idle. Accelerations from a stop echo through the areas nicely, with that deep rich Magnaflow tone, with alot more aggression than it had before, aaaannnddd, coasting down a hill that started leveling out, I heard the downshift! I can hear it much more inside now, its not annoying, it sounds perfect. The right amount of resonance! And no CEL. Glad I did this.
Sounds Good Darren. Thanks for always looking out. I really like the way you describe the tone that you are getting

Old 08-26-2008, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by dixiedesign
Get us an in-cab video!
Oh I got a s***load of exhaust videos of all kinds coming dont worry about me forgetting

Originally Posted by MagnaFlowRep
Sounds Good Darren. Thanks for always looking out. I really like the way you describe the tone that you are getting
No problem man. If you didn't notice I put a Magnaflow Performance Exhaust decal on my left rear window. Since my system is an attenion getter I would like to represent the Magnaflow name

Cant wait for work so I can drive it again

Old 08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Question

I saw the vid. Love the sound. what pipes did u use aluminized or regular pipes that they sell at most shops.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
uhhh, i want to do this sooo bad to mine, but dread how the 4.2 would sound with rear cats deleted!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by gator68
I saw the vid. Love the sound. what pipes did u use aluminized or regular pipes that they sell at most shops.
Replied to you in the video, I believe its regular, its not cheap aluminized and its not stainless. My last trucks exhaust surface rusted, didn't eat into the pipes like it did on the Flowmasters.

Quick Reply: Finally, Deleted rear cats!