Dynatech Supermaxx Headers Rusting

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008 | 10:45 PM
|
Dynatech Supermaxx Headers Rusting

I was under my Expedition today messing with the drive shaft and noticed my SuperExpensive Dynatech Supermaxx headers are rusting and look like CRAP!! I called Dynatech and sent them some pictures. I am curious to hear what they have to say. I also sent Troyer Performance an e-mail since I made the purchase thru them. This truck has never been off road "ever" and the headers have been on the truck for less than two years. I have never seen 304 stainless look like this? I was a shipfitter for 15 yrs. and saw 304 stainless bolts under the water line (saltwater) not rust!
Passenger Side

Driver Side

Last edited by melman; 08-27-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-28-2008 | 03:32 AM
Shoulda bought pacesetters only 280 bucks and they would have done the same thing

That sucks you pay over 1,000 dollars and they still rust on ya. The collectors are the only things on my pacesetters that havent rusted.

What are those lil hole looking things next to your o2's? did you have to seal up a differnt o2 bung?

Old 08-28-2008 | 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by shifty_85
Shoulda bought pacesetters only 280 bucks and they would have done the same thing

That sucks you pay over 1,000 dollars and they still rust on ya. The collectors are the only things on my pacesetters that havent rusted.

What are those lil hole looking things next to your o2's? did you have to seal up a differnt o2 bung?
lol yea i was wonderin the same thing, looks like one of those hex drive screws, and yea sucks that your headers rusted man

Old 08-28-2008 | 11:34 AM
|
Originally Posted by shifty_85

They are a second set of 02 bungs that were put in because there was some trouble getting the tune dialed in. They are currently plugged off.

Old 09-01-2008 | 12:24 PM
So whatd dynatech say? you got the one pair of headers that arent 304 stainless? id be raising hell about this because if i pay over 1,000 dollars for headers they better not rust!!

Old 09-03-2008 | 09:25 PM
|
I am still waiting to hear back from them. I will give them a call and e-mail tomorrow. The last I heard they were sending the pictures to their quality control dept. That was late last week?

Old 09-04-2008 | 09:36 AM
I am looking at putting a set of these on over the winter when I don't need the truck to tow the trailer. The fact they are not supposed to rust is a big factor for me. I am very interested in what they have to tell you.

Old 09-04-2008 | 01:42 PM
|
Originally Posted by grizzstang
I am looking at putting a set of these on over the winter when I don't need the truck to tow the trailer. The fact they are not supposed to rust is a big factor for me. I am very interested in what they have to tell you.
I sent them an e-mail this morning and have not heard back yet. I will post it up when I do.

Old 09-10-2008 | 09:19 AM
Still no answer from Dynatech after 6 days?

Old 09-22-2008 | 09:42 AM
Nothing yet?

Old 09-30-2008 | 07:23 PM
good god.
it doesn't matter how much you spend these days.

Old 10-06-2008 | 05:48 PM
bump for info?

Old 10-09-2008 | 03:26 PM
I have a set of these on my 08 Mark LT and let me tell you that they are the best quality headers I have ever seen. I have only 2000k miles on them and other than the normal blueing they look just like they did coming out of the box.

Call the guys at Troyer and tell them that Dynatech is not responding, see if they can rattle the cage some.

Off Topic Alert - These are the best performance headers made of the 150, you get what you pay for. With my JDM tweaked Saleen SC @ 10lbs boost my truck sounds more like a stock car than a truck.

Old 10-12-2008 | 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Richard_P_Harve
I have a set of these on my 08 Mark LT and let me tell you that they are the best quality headers I have ever seen. I have only 2000k miles on them and other than the normal blueing they look just like they did coming out of the box.

Call the guys at Troyer and tell them that Dynatech is not responding, see if they can rattle the cage some.

Off Topic Alert - These are the best performance headers made of the 150, you get what you pay for. With my JDM tweaked Saleen SC @ 10lbs boost my truck sounds more like a stock car than a truck.
You either work for Dynatech or have stock there... Where are my boots

I wouldn't call them the best headers made. In fact, I had an issue with the cats on my kit and I spoke with Anita Troyer about it. She contacted Dynatech and told me they were replacing them. About a day or so later I get a call from John Buck, Chief Engineer at Dynatech. He starts asking me if I had a cat back exhaust and a cold air intake, I said yes, then he said he is not gonna replace them and that sometimes you pay to play. He said the cat back and or intake could have caused my problem. He also said I could eliminate my SES light by installing the 02 sensor into a Anti-Foul plugs.

I called Anita back and told her what happened. The next day I get a call back from John Buck apologizing to me and he was sending me two new converters.

When I got the converters I went to a custom exhaust shop and had them install them. While my truck was on the lift I noticed some surface rust on the headers. Troyer Performance installed in march of this year.

So my opinion is, their customer service could be better as could the material they are using. Where are they buying this 304SS from???

Last edited by whitecrystal1; 10-12-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-17-2008 | 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by melman
They are a second set of 02 bungs that were put in because there was some trouble getting the tune dialed in. They are currently plugged off.
So the o2 are back to the stock Dynatech location Right???

Originally Posted by grizzstang
Nothing yet?
Did you hear from Dynatech Yet????

I heard these were the best and made of T304 SS.
I live in Utah where there is lots of wet wether and salt put down to combat ice in the winter. I want a set but I also want them to last for 1400 bucks ..

Quick Reply: Dynatech Supermaxx Headers Rusting