I Need Your Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008 | 09:38 AM
quiet down the system!?!??! OHHH NOOO!!!! lol yes i know but they just sound so gosh darn good!

Old 09-17-2008 | 09:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by f150fella08
quiet down the system!?!??! OHHH NOOO!!!! lol yes i know but they just sound so gosh darn good!
Yeah true, I wish I could hear a real good quality video of one on an F150 with good revs and a fly by or two. And I really wanna hear a true dual, the one on yotube with that no cats & true dualed doesn't qualify to me because he has no cats.. gotta have cats for a good sound.

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Super 44s would be downgrading your sound from the level its at now, you would make your truck quieter??

Yes thats a fact, you seen from my photos how both intermediate pipes are side by side, I have a 35 gallon tank under my truck and it akes up alot of space, so for true duals the left bank system needs guided to the passenger side then exited however. On average, the left bank has about 5' - 6' or more/less more length than the passenger side does. That unbalances the exhaust in sound, and performance. So a cross over is necessary, and the best cross over is the X pipe.

Most people will say, go with smaller pipe like 2.25" pipes for true duals, but I stuck with 2.5". Reason being, I dont feel much of a difference in performance from a truck I rode in with 2.25" duals to my 2.5" duals. I still have scavenging and a good pressure leaving the tips. 2.5" also wont pop and crackle so damn much, god I hate that. Listen to this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktbmwjv9qEI Running no mufflers also, but that truck rasps way too much, very unrespectable sound.

As long as you X pipe it ( 11" body di/do will take care of that ) you should be set, and will be sounding like my truck before the cats got cut out ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9UHiQip6O0 ). My truck needs tuned thats the only reason I think my exhaust is bad, if the tune wakes my truck up and updates it better, then I would recommend true duals more.
Yeah that pop and crackle sound is very annoying, i agree with you i hate that as well. That video with the guy running no mufflers, wow that sounds bad (to me at least).

Old 09-17-2008 | 05:46 PM
it all depends on what sound you want, i have high preformance glasspacks (purple hornies) and it sounds awesome, loud when i take off, when i start it up, abd at low rpm like cruisin speed wont disturb ppl at night or when pulling into drive ways at night etc. and with the factory cats still on it keeps em quiet at idle.

Old 09-17-2008 | 08:27 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by DanF150
That video with the guy running no mufflers, wow that sounds bad (to me at least).
not to just you, sounds like complete s**t

Old 09-21-2008 | 02:49 AM
|
Alright, well i'm gonna go with the 14" Magnflow SI/DO and the 4x18" Magnaflow tips.
I've been trying to convince myself to get the Roush Off Road but the price puts me off a bit, and also so do the tips and the rear exit.

How much do you think it would cost for a shop like Midas, Meineke, Monroe etc.. to install the muffler and tips, along a new 3" intermediate pipe and tail pipes as well? Of course i'll call these place's to find out, but just wanted to see what you guys think would be a fair price range so i dont get screwed.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 09-21-2008 | 11:32 AM
Truck of the Month
Alright, well i'm gonna go with the 14" Magnflow SI/DO and the 4x18" Magnaflow tips.
I've been trying to convince myself to get the Roush Off Road but the price puts me off a bit, and also so do the tips and the rear exit.

How much do you think it would cost for a shop like Midas, Meineke, Monroe etc.. to install the muffler and tips, along a new 3" intermediate pipe and tail pipes as well? Of course i'll call these place's to find out, but just wanted to see what you guys think would be a fair price range so i dont get screwed.

Thanks for all the help.
Great choice man

$120 - $160 sounds like the area for the pipe work/bending and installing.

Old 09-22-2008 | 11:49 AM
|
Well i finally made the decision and went through with it. I just ordered the 14" Magnaflow SI/DO (12198) along with two 4x18" Magnaflow Tips (35117) from performancepeddler.com, total was $177.90 shipped.

I Called around this morning and got some prices to install.

Lou's Custom Exhaust- $300 including stainless steel 3" Intermediate pipe and Tail Pipes. Not Mandrel bent, but the guy said it's also not Crush bent, he said it's bent smooth. 5yr Warranty

Meineke- $220 for same as above

Monroe Muffler and Brake- $180, and he said they have a pipe bending machine (Mandrel Bent). No Warranty on Parts i bring in (which make's sense since i'm not buying them there) but they will Warranty leaks and the parts they put on and what not.

Still gonna search a bit and see if i can find other shops. Now comes the waiting game for my muffler and tips, i'm very excited, like a kid at christmas.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 09-22-2008 | 12:14 PM
Truck of the Month
Well i finally made the decision and went through with it. I just ordered the 14" Magnaflow SI/DO (12198) along with two 4x18" Magnaflow Tips (35117) from performancepeddler.com, total was $177.90 shipped.

I Called around this morning and got some prices to install.

Lou's Custom Exhaust- $300 including stainless steel 3" Intermediate pipe and Tail Pipes. Not Mandrel bent, but the guy said it's also not Crush bent, he said it's bent smooth. 5yr Warranty

Meineke- $220 for same as above

Monroe Muffler and Brake- $180, and he said they have a pipe bending machine (Mandrel Bent). No Warranty on Parts i bring in (which make's sense since i'm not buying them there) but they will Warranty leaks and the parts they put on and what not.

Still gonna search a bit and see if i can find other shops. Now comes the waiting game for my muffler and tips, i'm very excited, like a kid at christmas.

Thanks for all the help.
Congrats man. Prices sound pretty good. Meinekee offering the smooth bent system with stainless pipes sounds good. I paid $230 for my true duals with decent quality pipe mandrel bent.

Old 09-22-2008 | 12:44 PM
|
Darren,
I like the way your tips are set up, what do i need to say to them to get that same look?

Old 09-22-2008 | 01:07 PM
Truck of the Month
Darren,
I like the way your tips are set up, what do i need to say to them to get that same look?
Tell them "side swept 45 degree behind both tires" I also requested mine be angled downwards just a hair, I think it looks great.

I believe this is the best exit for trucks not just because of towing purposes, but it guides the sound to the sides, and when opened up it roars really well. Nothing like hearing it under a bridge or in a garage or any building structure. Also helps you relieve stress from the slow a**hole infront of you, when you pass them, the passenger tip tells them the message

Old 09-22-2008 | 01:18 PM
|
LOL I deal with lots of those a**holes so i'm looking foward to that.

Alright, now i'm armed with the info i need. I definetly want it looking the way you have it cause it looks bad ***!! Thanks man.

Old 09-22-2008 | 02:05 PM
Truck of the Month
LOL I deal with lots of those a**holes so i'm looking foward to that.

Alright, now i'm armed with the info i need. I definetly want it looking the way you have it cause it looks bad ***!! Thanks man.
Thanks man. It certainly is! Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Old 09-25-2008 | 11:49 AM
|
How long should the installation of this take?
I'm being told 2-3 hours, that seems a bit long for a small exhuast job. But what do i know.

Old 09-25-2008 | 12:12 PM
Truck of the Month
How long should the installation of this take?
I'm being told 2-3 hours, that seems a bit long for a small exhuast job. But what do i know.
1.5 - 3hr is the average install time for everything your getting done. My old Silverado took about 2hrs to get Super 44s and tailpipes bent & installed with my tips mounted, my F150s entire new system from the cats & back took 2.5hrs. Time and patience makes it a great built exhaust and very well worth waiting

Though it will be bugging the living hell out of you to hear it while your waiting