High Flow Cats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008 | 05:14 PM
|
High Flow Cats?

Most of you prolly already heard my new exhaust with the purple hornies, but i keep debating to put high flows on, removing the cat all in all is out of the question and i'll soon get another vid cuz the exhaust has loudened a fair bit since i put them on, only thing is i'm afraid if i put high flow cats on i will start attracting the cops attention or wouldn't have enough backpressure and cause my truck to run like crap cuz as it is i only have one cat on each side.

here's how it sounds right after installation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9OE4dje6uI

Old 09-17-2008 | 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by TherrienH
Most of you prolly already heard my new exhaust with the purple hornies, but i keep debating to put high flows on, removing the cat all in all is out of the question and i'll soon get another vid cuz the exhaust has loudened a fair bit since i put them on, only thing is i'm afraid if i put high flow cats on i will start attracting the cops attention or wouldn't have enough backpressure and cause my truck to run like crap cuz as it is i only have one cat on each side.

here's how it sounds right after installation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9OE4dje6uI
if you keep your trucks exhaust on it whether its got high flows or not, theres not much the cops can do except say something like your truck is too loud. as long as it is legally inspected i dont think they can do anything unless its dot that stops you.

Old 09-17-2008 | 05:20 PM
I would think it would get louder with highflows but backpressure wouldnt be an issue at all.

Old 09-17-2008 | 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
I would think it would get louder with highflows but backpressure wouldnt be an issue at all.
and if backpressure does become an issue you can just get a cai.

Old 09-17-2008 | 05:29 PM
|
well in a way it is kind of an issue because with my mustang i got pulled over and got a fine for excessive noise, and with the purple hornies which is almost a straight pipe WILL get much much louder, but then again thats what i want. also i only have 3" boom tubes and their not big enough for my taste, anyone got ideas for exhaust tips? i want big but dont go as far as diesel tips lol

Old 09-17-2008 | 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by TherrienH
well in a way it is kind of an issue because with my mustang i got pulled over and got a fine for excessive noise, and with the purple hornies which is almost a straight pipe WILL get much much louder, but then again thats what i want. also i only have 3" boom tubes and their not big enough for my taste, anyone got ideas for exhaust tips? i want big but dont go as far as diesel tips lol
well as long as you dont go crazy on the throttle and showing off, the cops probably wont care so much. and you can go to summitracing.com and get 4" or 3.5" tips.

Old 09-17-2008 | 05:53 PM
|
yeah maybe but if you heard my exhaust now (get a vid soon) its gotten louder since i got it on and i'm pretty sure if i go high flow it'll go as far as hurting the ear. well i'll get it done and keep the factory cats just in case, n let ya know when its done.

Quick Reply: High Flow Cats?