Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008 | 09:34 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Exhaust Question

I have been debating on getting my exhaust redone and I was wanting to hear some opinions about the two different setup's I have in mind! My first idea is to get a single 3" pipe ran from a y pipe out the right side of my truck behind the rear wheel with a 4" tip w/o a muffler! My second idea is to keep the true dual's and install an 11" magnaflow muffler with it exiting in front of the right rear tire with with 2.5" pipe and dual 4" tip's! I also have my rear cat's removed too! Which of these exhaust's do you think will increase my lowend torque and still sound good and fairly loud? I love the sound of my current exhaust but would like to regain my lowend power and getting rid of the flat spot at about 3,000rpm's!

Old 09-22-2008 | 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by 2004Triton5.4
I have been debating on getting my exhaust redone and I was wanting to hear some opinions about the two different setup's I have in mind! My first idea is to get a single 3" pipe ran from a y pipe out the right side of my truck behind the rear wheel with a 4" tip w/o a muffler! My second idea is to keep the true dual's and install an 11" magnaflow muffler with it exiting in front of the right rear tire with with 2.5" pipe and dual 4" tip's! I also have my rear cat's removed too! Which of these exhaust's do you think will increase my lowend torque and still sound good and fairly loud? I love the sound of my current exhaust but would like to regain my lowend power and getting rid of the flat spot at about 3,000rpm's!
if your gonna run with no muffler run true duals,

as far as low end tq, the magnaflows will help you out there but magnaflows arent all that loud, straights will be loud but wont give you the tq that maggie will

Old 09-23-2008 | 01:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Stick with a muffler and your performance and economy will remain well. Good call on the 11" body Magnaflow also. In time it will break in and sound louder, mine are getting there.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question