its been asked a million times....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 10:44 PM
Is this true for the 4.6 also? What is a good choice for the 4.6 if not? Thanks.

Old 10-10-2008 | 08:48 AM
If you want the loudest get the Magnaflow Magnapack!!!! Had a set on my Mustang and they would wake the dead. Be worned they are loud. It was hard to talk while driving and if you were in the backseat...forget it...you werent even in the conversation. In fact people in the back seat would always be yelling "WHAT...DID YALL SAY SOMETHING".

I'm a Magnaflow guy myself. The only time I ran Flowmaster was for about 3 months in '00 and then switched to Magnaflow and have yet to look back....much better sound IMHO.

Old 10-10-2008 | 09:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by beige150
Is this true for the 4.6 also? What is a good choice for the 4.6 if not? Thanks.
Ofcoarse. The only way the 5.4L is superior to the 4.6 is it has more stock horsepower and torque, mostly torque. So a 4.6L isn't a 'tiny' engine, sounds just about exact as a 5.4 would.

Originally Posted by SouthernSkrew
If you want the loudest get the Magnaflow Magnapack!!!! Had a set on my Mustang and they would wake the dead. Be worned they are loud. It was hard to talk while driving and if you were in the backseat...forget it...you werent even in the conversation. In fact people in the back seat would always be yelling "WHAT...DID YALL SAY SOMETHING".

I'm a Magnaflow guy myself. The only time I ran Flowmaster was for about 3 months in '00 and then switched to Magnaflow and have yet to look back....much better sound IMHO.
I would love to hear a Magnaflow race muffler on an F150. Or the Magnapack that comes in their Mustang cat-backs. Till I hear one of them I'll still believe Flowmaster definitely has the louder advantage than Magnaflow.

Old 10-12-2008 | 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Flowmaster is the loudest. IMO Magnaflow sounds more refined and less redneck-ish. It sounds MEAN and also doesn't give you a headache from drone.

If you just want obnoxious, get the flowmaster. If you want, quality, power, and refined...mean...aggressive sound- go Magnaflow.
This is exactly right. I have had 3 exhaust setups on my F150. The first two were Flowmaster, single in/dual outs. The Flowmaster is louder and sounds more tin canish.

I LOVE my Magnaflow single in/dual out that I just installed. It sounds much better, deeper and way more refined. The quality of the sound is way better with the Magnaflow.

I will not but Flowmaster again, Magnaflow is where it is at! Keep your eyes peeled for some pics of my new exhaust system, coming soon!

Old 10-12-2008 | 04:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Vancityf150
This is exactly right. I have had 3 exhaust setups on my F150. The first two were Flowmaster, single in/dual outs. The Flowmaster is louder and sounds more tin canish.

I LOVE my Magnaflow single in/dual out that I just installed. It sounds much better, deeper and way more refined. The quality of the sound is way better with the Magnaflow.

I will not but Flowmaster again, Magnaflow is where it is at! Keep your eyes peeled for some pics of my new exhaust system, coming soon!
looking forward man

Quick Reply: its been asked a million times....