Roush Off-Road Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 09:26 PM
|
Roush Off-Road Installed!

Well, my system arrived today so I got busy removing the old system which was very simple, I had it off in no time. Before I started, I took inventory and noticed that Roush forgot to send the hanger brackets. Oh well, I figured I would give them a call. They apologized and said they could get them to me by tomorrow. I laid the parts out and it looked like a pretty easy install, I planned on getting it all installed and I would just have to install the hangers tomorrow. I could not get the muffler inlet pipe to to go into the existing intermediate pipe even though the stock muffler came right out. I figured I may as well pack up the parts and take it down the street to Midas and have them put it on. I was kind of committed since I already had the stock system off. Midas took a look and said they should be able to install it in about an hour. Great! Well, they struggled to get the inlet pipe installed, we just couldn't see what was hanging up. Once they got that on, it was clear the rest of the system wasn't going to fit up perfectly. Three hours later, after some cutting and re-bending, they finished. I am very happy with the end result, they sound and look better than I expected, but I was dissapointed in the fact that even if I was able to get the inlet pipe on, I couldn't have made the bends that it needed. It didn't require much, but the fact that it needed to be re-bent in a few places and right tail pipe cut shorter by about an inch was dissapointing. I will call Roush tomorrow and explain what happened, it's not like I am looking to get anything out of it but they need to know so they can hopefully prevent similar issues in the future. I know alot of you guys bolted it right up which is why i was suprised mine didn't. It wasn't off enough to think it was the wrong system, but even being off a half an inch doesn't cut it. By the way, Midas was cool as they only charged me for 2 hours labor even though they spent three hours on it.

Old 10-10-2008 | 10:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
What is your trucks year, cab configuration, and bed size? If its a Supercrew 6'5 bed thats probably why.

Old 10-10-2008 | 11:12 AM
|
Its an 08 supercab with a 6.5 bed.

Old 10-10-2008 | 11:22 AM
Lets see some videos!!

Old 10-10-2008 | 03:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by kevjud
Its an 08 supercab with a 6.5 bed.
Did you specify that when you purchased? Maybe there was a mix up from whom you ordered from.

Old 10-10-2008 | 04:06 PM
Global Moderator &
Stealth installed one on his 2005, Screw, 5 1/2 ft bed, I don't think he had any trouble at all.

Old 10-10-2008 | 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by fx4tough07
Lets see some videos!!
x2 lets hear this beast!

Old 10-10-2008 | 06:45 PM
|
I called Roush today and they verified it was the correct part number. They said it is possible that their supplier may have made a mistake. He was going to forward this on to their QC department so they could look into it. I'll get some video when I get back in town in about 10 days. I really like the sound, it is loud when you accelerate but quiets down nice when crusing. No drone whatsoever.

Old 10-10-2008 | 07:12 PM
I just installed mine also. Did you have a long wait? It took 5 1/2 weeks to get mine!
Anyway that sucks on the install, it took me about 2 hours to install mine by myself. No problems at all.

Quick Reply: Roush Off-Road Installed!