Pretty Simple Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008 | 11:32 PM
|
Pretty Simple Question

I think I have a relatively easy question to answer. I'm looking to run dual exhaust out the sides. I've read a lot of the posts and threads and it sounds like its best not to run true duels for performance purposes... Which is fine, I understand the muffler I chose will decrease performance some... Just want to keep it on the minimum. (Gas here is 1.97) Anyways I've picked out the Cherry Bomb Extreme and I believe for duals I would need one that has one inlet and two outlets. It seams that Cherrybomb only makes two sizes of the extreme one with 2.5 in and 2.25 out and the other being 3 in. in and then 2.5 out. I know that the factory pipe size is 2.5.. I would like to keep 2.5 because I have read that the larger pipe will cut down on the popping noise which I don't necessarily like. How would this application work. I'm no expert on exhaust systems. I have included the two pictures of these mufflers for reference. Thanks!

Last edited by novsun88; 10-28-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2008 | 11:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
I would go with the 3" intermediate pipe and into the 3" inlet then 2.5" out, I believe it would sound and perform a little better. It will be loud either way though, Cherry Bomb Extreme! Definitely

Old 10-28-2008 | 11:43 PM
|
Darren - Thanks, you don't know how many times I listened to your exhaust clips lol when trying to find that perfect tone. They sound real mean, but in my neighborhood we have a lot of guys that thrive on large sound systems with trucks that lay down real low. I figured I'd go a different route. So your saying then to 7427 with the larger inlet pipe, will the exhaust shop create some sort of adapter for this since The rest of the truck is 2.5 right? This is all foreign to me. I appreciate the quick response!

Old 10-29-2008 | 12:11 AM
yea i agree go with the 3" inlets and 2.5" outlets that outta make you nice and happy and itll sound mean too theres no tellin how many v8 f150's ive heard with 3"in 2.5" out single chamber cherry bombs

Quick Reply: Pretty Simple Question