4 WHEELPARTS and Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008 | 12:05 PM
|
4 WHEELPARTS and Exhaust?

I have my muffler cut off and just ran some pipe in place of it. Im havin some vibration in the rear end, and a little in the cab, but its a v8 is gonna vibrate a little. Guy At 4wheelparts told me that its because i dont have enough back pressure and its causing my engine to vibrate? Any Input on this? 4wheelparts in ga doesnt install exhaust. Sounds like for a good reason to me?

Old 10-31-2008 | 12:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
That is the stupidest f**king thing.. He said the engine is vibrating?? What the noise/vibration is is called drone, aka interior resonance, which is the inside sound level and feel with an exhaust. Ofcoarse straight piped will drone alot.

Its not about back pressure, back pressure is a manual transmission shift down feeling, and any other downshift kick back feeling. Its exhaust scavenging and velocity, which both matter.

Put a Magnaflow muffler or something on it and it will perform better and your scavenging will return to factory related specs and perform much better. Buy a muffler and possibly a tip or two, and go to an exhaust shop and ask them to install it. Your engine is not vibrating.. Dont deal with 4wheelparts.

Old 10-31-2008 | 02:05 PM
|
yeah thats what i was thinkin just wanted to get some input from someone else. thanks.

Old 10-31-2008 | 11:52 PM
haha darren lets watch the language here!!!

but yes i agree that is alot of bull

Quick Reply: 4 WHEELPARTS and Exhaust?