heartthrob question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008 | 08:20 PM
|
heartthrob question?

I have a 2004 Ford F150
5.4l v8 FX4

Im interested in this heartthrob exhaust kit, but i dont want to ruin my gas milage, or have my engine service light come one. So i was wondering does the hearthrob exhaust cause worse gas milage, and have your engine service light come on? thanks for the info

Old 11-19-2008 | 09:51 PM
Technically yes your gonna ruin your gas mileage cause you want to hear that sweet purr and keep the right foot hammered down but if your cool then no and no CEL unless you remove the cats with no MIL eliminators or put on high flow cats

Old 11-19-2008 | 09:54 PM
|
Originally Posted by Screw-Me-05
Technically yes your gonna ruin your gas mileage cause you want to hear that sweet purr and keep the right foot hammered down but if your cool then no and no CEL unless you remove the cats with no MIL eliminators or put on high flow cats
Whats a MIL eliminators?

Old 11-20-2008 | 12:43 AM
I have the Heartthrob Deep-Tone Dual Kit.

It hasn't ruined my mileage. If anything, with better exhaust flow, you may get an increase from your engine running more efficiently. But then again, you could be losing back pressure. Only a dyno will tell. With your truck getting 15 MPG, consider a 10% drop being only 1.5 MPG.

I like mine. I think it sounds great.

Split rear design with a y-pipe and glass pack mufflers in the tips. Our best-selling systems, for a deep, throaty sound that is aggressive under heavy acceleration, but great at cruising speed. Aluminized mandrel bent 2-1/4" tail pipes. Now available in 409 stainless steel with 304 stainless steel angle cut muffler tips for most applications. All necessary pipes,hangers, clamps, muffler tips, hardware, and instructions included. Tips are 3.5 inches in diameter x 22 inches long. These systems clear spare tires and trailer hitches.

Old 11-20-2008 | 07:34 AM
|
Will a drop in back pressure do anything negative to my engine? Ive never owned a truck this new, and nice and i really dont want to do anything that will cause problems in the long run. Ive owned many older trucks, with built engines, that still ran on a carb lol, and i never really worried about back pressure then... thanks for the help

Old 11-20-2008 | 09:53 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by kylem
Will a drop in back pressure do anything negative to my engine? Ive never owned a truck this new, and nice and i really dont want to do anything that will cause problems in the long run. Ive owned many older trucks, with built engines, that still ran on a carb lol, and i never really worried about back pressure then... thanks for the help
No it wont harm your engine, just might lose a little mpg.

Old 11-20-2008 | 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by kylem
Whats a MIL eliminators?
Malfunction indicator light. makes the computer think that the cats are still in good working order.

Quick Reply: heartthrob question?