How would this set up work??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008 | 09:25 AM
|
How would this set up work??

Greetings,

I came from a diesel so I am kinda partial to the "big single" systems. My exhaust is stock with the exception of a Flowmaster that I replaced the factory muffler with. This is what I want to do: Have a shop run 3" from the cat back with a single in single out muffler (havent decided which one) and exiting out of a 4" or 5" tip, angled at the corner of the bumper (similar to the look of the new Chevy diesel factory set up). Performance speaking, how would this set up work? Sound wise, how would it sound? Thanks for everyones input.

James

Last edited by southernboy06; 11-23-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2008 | 09:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Sounds like a good system, but it depends what muffler you are going with. Are you keeping the Flowmaster? Or upgrading to a better direct-flow muffler? An all single 3" system will perform great. Put a short body Magnaflow ( 11", 14", or a round body ) and a 4" tip it would look great, sound nice and deep, and perform very well. A 5" tip would look pretty good too with your lift, it all depends what you think would look better sticking out the back end.

Old 11-23-2008 | 01:29 PM
|
Thanks Darren, I might add that it is an '06 with a 5.4L. As far as the existing Flowmaster, no I am not planning on re-using that one. I do want a more open flowing, straight through designed muffler.

Quick Reply: How would this set up work??