What's everone's opinion on AEM?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008 | 11:31 AM
|
What's everone's opinion on AEM?

Trying to decide on an intake and having a bit of trouble. I know every here likes S&B or AF1, but I haven't heard much about the AEM Bruteforce. Do you like it? Power increase, etc...

Old 11-23-2008 | 12:30 PM
i have the aem and i think it is great. with the dry filter there is no need to worry about oil affecting you maf sensor. the power increase from just a cai will not really be noticeable but you will be able to hear it sucking in more air when you get on it.

Old 11-23-2008 | 11:44 PM
|
Originally Posted by hoss66
i have the aem and i think it is great. with the dry filter there is no need to worry about oil affecting you maf sensor. the power increase from just a cai will not really be noticeable but you will be able to hear it sucking in more air when you get on it.
thanks. i'll likely be getting the CAI and tuner separately and haven't heard any bad things about lean conditions with the AEM. the fact that the powder coat on the AEM matches my DSG trim is a plus too.

Old 11-26-2008 | 11:27 PM
I like it but I wish they used composite tubes. Metal gets hot and heats up the incoming air.

Old 11-27-2008 | 10:43 PM
I have the AEM Brute Force intake on my 04 FX4 5.4 and it seems fine. It is quite loud when you get on it (air intake noise) but other than that it seems fine. Don't worry about metal vs plastic vs powder coat. The air isn't in the tube long enough to absorb any significant heat. Zero hp loss due to that.

Quick Reply: What's everone's opinion on AEM?