Magnapacks/Magnaflow round mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008 | 03:27 PM
|
Magnapacks/Magnaflow round mufflers

searched and couldn't find much. I know theres a few guys on here who have used them in true dual set ups, but how about just using it to replace the stock muffler or dumping it under the bed? How loud compared to no muffler at all? BTW, it would be a 14"x4" with 2.5" in/out.

Thanks

Cody

Old 12-13-2008 | 05:17 PM
it wont be as loud as it would without a muffler but it will still sound good. joshmac and scotyg have magnapacks i think. you can search on youtube for the sound vids.

Old 12-13-2008 | 05:44 PM
|
yeah, thats what i don't want though. no muffler for me drones way too much. Joshmacs set up sounds really good but he's got trual duals with an x pipe and high flows i think too, or atleast no rear converters. I wish i could get a set up like that, just don't have the funds. i'll have to check out scotyg's

Old 12-13-2008 | 07:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Scotyg has true duals also, I dont really have a clue if anyone has ever posted a video of a single muffler only 14x4 round. Most true dual them. I almost did but went with the 11" instead.

Old 12-13-2008 | 07:10 PM
i have the true dual magnapacks, no crossovers or high flows or any of that. you can look in sig for some vids.

at first when i was low on cash i had a single 14" magnapack dumped right after the cab and it doesnt even compare to duals. hardly that much different over stock. i actually made a video of it but i didnt post it because it was sort of embarrassing.

oh and i drove about 80 miles of highway today with the cruise control at 65, little drone if any. i couldnt even really tell because the sound of the wind overpowered whatever drone there would have been, but even on calm days the radio drowns it out.

im going to make a flyby video sometime

Last edited by scotyg; 12-13-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2008 | 07:29 PM
cotedog03- with what scotyg said why dont you go buy 2 high flow cats, some clamps and a little bit of pipe. cut out all of your cats then install the high flows and the pipe for the extra gap. then sell your old cats for about 200 bucks to a junkyard. then when the time comes get whatever catback or true dual or whatever system you want.

Quick Reply: Magnapacks/Magnaflow round mufflers