dynomax bullet question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dynomax bullet question

I just got done installing my dynomax bullet race series muffler...I've read that as time goes on the muffler will get louder, is this true? how much louder can i expect the bullet to get? it sounds pretty good when i get on it but i would have liked it to be quite a bit louder at idle, it has almost a stock sound to it at idle

Would running a pipe all the way to the back and putting a tip on it increase the sound?? or how could i get more sound out of it? (for cheap)

ik high flow cats and dual exhaust would be louder but my budget didn't allow for that, so maybe this is all the sound i can get it for 55 dollars?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you get the larger Bullet instead of the 12"? It should get louder over a thousand miles or so.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
What year truck do you have?

Putting a longer tip on it will only make it quieter.

You can watch my videos and see how much louder my exhaust got after i gutted two of my cats, which is a free option.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:36 PM
the set-up is slowly growing on me..i might have just expected to much right away

i ended up getting the 12" bullet....ik with magnaflows everyone said the shorter the louder so i ordered the shortest one i could find

would gutting the cats hurt anything at all? mileage wise? or would it just not pass emissions testing?(which we don't have here)

thanx for the help

Old 12-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Only way it will fail you is if you had to be sniffer tested, performance will get better if anything, and mileage should increase a little bit, 0.2mpg is what mine did.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:49 AM
ive had my bullets on for almost a year and because i use open headers every now and then i cant really tell if they've gotten louder. but cheaper loud mod would be shorten the exhuast pipe get rid of 2 of the cats and put a big tip on the end of it. my exhuast pipes end under my feet pretty much and its LOUD but i also have longtubes true duals into 3" bullets and no cats. but i would think shorting the pipe and getting rid of the 2 rear cats would do it up for ya.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:21 AM
?

Originally Posted by shifty_85
ive had my bullets on for almost a year and because i use open headers every now and then i cant really tell if they've gotten louder. but cheaper loud mod would be shorten the exhuast pipe get rid of 2 of the cats and put a big tip on the end of it. my exhuast pipes end under my feet pretty much and its LOUD but i also have longtubes true duals into 3" bullets and no cats. but i would think shorting the pipe and getting rid of the 2 rear cats would do it up for ya.
shifty, i may have missed the post, but did u ever get it dynoed again after ec=xhaust completion?

Old 12-21-2008, 10:22 AM
The race bullets are just that, Don't expect it to get any louder. On my 07 I have 2.5"duals from the Tcase back (no mufflers) into 4" tips coming out behind the tires. This produced a very deep rumble at idle and acceleration but at highway speeds it's almost unaudible inside the truck. I get compliments on the sound all the time. Try it you'll like it. FYI, I know where you can pick up a complete banks exhaust system, My neighbor cut it off last year so he could copy me.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:00 AM
thanx for the replies guys...i might try gutting the guts when im on break

Old 12-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
shifty, i may have missed the post, but did u ever get it dynoed again after ec=xhaust completion?
No i havnt its coming around to about the time i went last year... i think. ill try and go around the same time so the temp and atmophere pressure and all that fun jazz you guys talked about will be close. and i figured id just save up 400 dollars and get dyno tuned rather than spending 80 for 2 dyno pulls. 400 bucks gets me an Xcal 2 with 3 tunes and an hour at livernois on there dyno. They do a bunch of 4.6L mustangs so i know im in good hands and a bunch of people love there stuff. its gonna be so loud in there this time with my exhuast now. with my superturbos it was pretty loud when it got up there. but those were quite. i dynoed 190HP and 234 Ftlbs shortys no cats and dyno max superturbos true dualed. the only other thing i have changed is my cold air intake i just took the pipe out and the MAF is on the filter witch is clamped right to myTB kinda looks like an LS1 intake. and put a hood scoop on it. i donno if that would change anyhting or not.

But back to the bullets i think you will like them nothings ever to loud and if anyone thinks there truck drones drive mine for a day you will think your trucks a whisper haha. im to cheap to get the exhuast run out the back bc it cost 2 much moneys!

Quick Reply: dynomax bullet question