Magnaflow 22" with sound clip

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow 22" with sound clip

clip: http://www.dailymotion.com/ryanws06/video/13223045

This is a simple startup and idle with very little throttle. I wanted people to hear it with a normal throttle vs standing on the gas. It has a very deep tone when you get your foot in it while driving.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 PM
sounds good i'm going to put on the 18 or 15 or whatever ever i ordered tommorow. How tight do the magnaflows sit over the stock pipes? I don't have a welder and have to use the bolts to keep it on. On my last truck it fit too loose and had to get it welded on I just don't want to cut it off an have to drive around with an exhaust leak. - I will get it welded on later when i get tips and more $ but i want the muffler on tomorrow!!!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by BOwnz4
sounds good i'm going to put on the 18 or 15 or whatever ever i ordered tommorow. How tight do the magnaflows sit over the stock pipes? I don't have a welder and have to use the bolts to keep it on. On my last truck it fit too loose and had to get it welded on I just don't want to cut it off an have to drive around with an exhaust leak. - I will get it welded on later when i get tips and more $ but i want the muffler on tomorrow!!!!!
Not sure about how tight they fit. I would guess someone on here who does this for a living could answer this A LOT better than I could. From the looks of it, I would guess that there would be a little "leak" with just bolts. Wish I knew more.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 PM
yeah i figured there would be a little I hate to do it like this but I'll have to do it after 6 tommorrow night and i'm tired of waiting i want it on now

Old 12-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by BOwnz4
All of our universal mufflers are a weld on application. There isnt really a way to clamp them on. If the ends of the muffler were slotted like they are on the cat backs then it would be able to be clamped in but like I said the UNIVERSALS would have to be welded in.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
yeah i knew it wasnt a good idea I wanted them on so bad, so i just took it to the shop and had them run out duals - I love it, not loud at all running down the hwy, my hookers and flowmasters droned horribly I used to never take my old truck on long trips. Plus at quarter throttle I chirp the tires now.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:46 AM
sounds a lot better then i imagined a 22" sounding, i remember somebody trying to say that a 22" magnaflow would be quieter then stock, i guess not.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by scotyg
sounds a lot better then i imagined a 22" sounding, i remember somebody trying to say that a 22" magnaflow would be quieter then stock, i guess not.
It's definitely louder than stock and it has a very deep sounding tone. I've had Flowmasters and the 18" Magnaflow muffler. By far, I like the 22" the most!

Old 12-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by scotyg
I can honestly say I was afraid it might not be much louder. However, it is MUCH louder than stock. My wife hears me inside the house as I "startup" and "pull off". The beauty is that it sounds "great" when you accelerate, but at normal speed there is very little noise inside the truck. I love it!

Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds good.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Sounds good.
x2

Magnaflow has that classic sound. My 18" SI/SO was perfect for what I wanted.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow 22" with sound clip