New exhaust +pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New exhaust +pics

Whats up guys, I finally after a solid year of debating figured out how I wanted my exhaust to be ran and finally had it changed yesterday. Heres my old setups just incase other ppl might be feeling the need for a change.
Factory:

Bare with me for some reason I decided to take all my former setup pics right before darkness hits. This was a dual setup kind of a mixture between the street sweeper and straight out the back style. I just didn't like it from the start, never did have it tipped because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it this way.

I had to mess with the resolutions of that pic to get it to even show anything. But you can kinda get the gest of it.

And finally thanks to the enlightenment of a fellow F150onliner lol I found my true passion.

So I had the guy had to cut my 18' maggy and move it up about a foot, he cut the dual 2.25' pipes off, rewelded 2 2.5' pipes and dipped them out with chrome tips, I know the tips arnt the best, but its all he had at the time he let them go for 5 bucks and he told me when I get a set of stainless he will weld them on for nothing.
Needless to say I have figured out what my heart desired as far as exhaust I love it. Thanks to Dexx00420 man for all your help with the issues, and the motivation my wife really appricates it lol.!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Whats up guys, I finally after a solid year of debating figured out how I wanted my exhaust to be ran and finally had it changed yesterday. Heres my old setups just incase other ppl might be feeling the need for a change.
Factory:

Bare with me for some reason I decided to take all my former setup pics right before darkness hits. This was a dual setup kind of a mixture between the street sweeper and straight out the back style. I just didn't like it from the start, never did have it tipped because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it this way.

I had to mess with the resolutions of that pic to get it to even show anything. But you can kinda get the gest of it.

And finally thanks to the enlightenment of a fellow F150onliner lol I found my true passion.

So I had the guy had to cut my 18' maggy and move it up about a foot, he cut the dual 2.25' pipes off, rewelded 2 2.5' pipes and dipped them out with chrome tips, I know the tips arnt the best, but its all he had at the time he let them go for 5 bucks and he told me when I get a set of stainless he will weld them on for nothing.
Needless to say I have figured out what my heart desired as far as exhaust I love it. Thanks to Dexx00420 man for all your help with the issues, and the motivation my wife really appricates it lol.!
Hey Strike brother it looks good!! you wouldn't have and pictures of it underneath would you?? That's the set up that I'm seriously thinking about doing, mine are out the back and my tips are starting to rust after several years and when they rust thru I want to put 2.5 dual instead of 2 1/4 that I got now..If you got underneath photo's I would like to see them...

Looks good,and nice F150

Old 01-14-2009, 11:03 PM

These are the only shots I got without gettin underneath the thing. The last pic shows alittle gap between the two tips the installer was worried the chrome would stain each other if they were touchin so he gapped them a bit. Thats one of the issues I can get resolved when I go stainless. But hey I dont care I like it. Plus it really opened that maggy up man, it sounds SO much better!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 PM
if you want great SS tips, look into Silverline, a little pricey but well worth it! Love the side pipes, looks like my 2000 with how they are set and not rolled on their side!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:20 PM
looks good to me! I know summit sells their own brand of tips and arent too expensive.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Thats pretty cool.
Wont darken the side panel any will it?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly

These are the only shots I got without gettin underneath the thing. The last pic shows alittle gap between the two tips the installer was worried the chrome would stain each other if they were touchin so he gapped them a bit. Thats one of the issues I can get resolved when I go stainless. But hey I dont care I like it. Plus it really opened that maggy up man, it sounds SO much better!
Thanks for the pic's...Man that looks good!!!!! Is it a si/do or di/do?? So its 2.5 all the way now right??

that is it!! You sold me brother!! If mine looks half that good, I'll be real happy. I just might change it before they finally rust out, my tips and muffler!!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 PM
TX150XLT: since you have a 98, here's sides on our body style

click the image to zoom and make it larger on this one
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...=wheels014.jpg

Last edited by hockeyfanjeff; 01-14-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by hockeyfanjeff
TX150XLT: since you have a 98, here's sides on our body style

click the image to zoom and make it larger on this one
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...=wheels014.jpg

Looks good on white......Sold...now I can't wait to change it..Thanks for the pics HockeyfanJeff

How does the Cherrybomb Extreme sound?? A local muffler shop here said they are getting popular on the trucks locally

Last edited by TX150XLT; 01-14-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 AM
i think they're pretty mean. you can youtube it and find some videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbdMZ...eature=related probably one of the best. it's the IMCO extreme before cherrybomb bought them and just put their name on the same line of mufflers

Last edited by hockeyfanjeff; 01-15-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks fella's!!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good guys.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 AM
jeff I like those tips bro. I am gonna deal with these chromes throu summer our weather is pretty much year round spring/summer no salt might last a year . I just bought a Roush grill off a guy here so I need to chill for awhile lol.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by hockeyfanjeff
i think they're pretty mean. you can youtube it and find some videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbdMZ...eature=related probably one of the best. it's the IMCO extreme before cherrybomb bought them and just put their name on the same line of mufflers
Dude thats my truck in that video!! I posted that many years ago and since then it has gotten alot louder than that.. I could mayb be swayed into makin another video if you would like..

-Alex

Quick Reply: New exhaust +pics